New College Football Recruits

goodbye

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't ellaborate on Clemson's entire class, but we had a tremendous signing day again this year - ranked 14th in a couple publications. Tommy Bowden is one of the most classy people in the World and he has put together a great staff of honest, hard-working, and knowledgeable coaches and trainers.

I believe Clemson University will have the ACC's best 1-2 offensive punch on the ground with sophmore James Davis (2005 ACC Freshman of the Year) and the addition of C.J. Spiller from Florida (ranked #1 all-purpose back and #8 overall in the nation). :D

There are other great additions I'll include later.

Edit: Here is the whole incoming freshmen team!

1. Alexander, Kevin, LB, 6-3, 215, Lake Butler, Fla. (Union County HS)

2. Butler, Crezdon, DB, 6-0, 180, Asheville, N.C. (Asheville)

3. Campbell, Jeremy, LB, 6-2, 215, Port Orange, Fla. (Spruce Creek HS)

4. Cox, JoJo, RB, 5-10, 210, Jeffersonville, Ga. (Twiggs County HS)

5. Cumbie, Jamie, DL, 6-7, 255, Morris, Ill. (Morris Community HS)

6. Ford, Jacoby, WR, 5-9, 175, West Palm Beach, Fla. (Fork Union Military Acad.)

7. Gaither, Darius, DB, 6-0, 195, Winnsboro, SC (Fairfield Central HS)

8. Hairston, Chris, OL, 6-5, 270, Winston-Salem, N.C. (Carver)

9. Jackson, Kendrick, WR, 6-2, 270, Fort Lauderdale, FL (Dillard)

10. Jackson, Richard, K-P, 5-11, 185, Greer,SC (Riverside)

11. Maxwell, Byron, DB, 6-1, 185, North Charleston, SC (Fort Dorchester HS)

12. McDaniel, DeAndre, DB, 6-1, 190, Tallahassee, Fla. (Godby HS)

13. Medlin, Jamal, OL, 6-3, 305, Orangeburg, SC (Orangeburg-Wilkinson HS)

14. Ogren, Jeffrey, WR, 6-3, 185, Tuscaloosa, Ala. (American Christian Acad.)

15. Palmer, Michael, TE, 6-4, 228, Lilburn, Ga. (Parkview HS)

16. Russell, Chris, DB, 6-2, 210, Nashville, Tenn. (Coffeyville JC)

17. Sapp, Ricky, DL, 6-2, 225, Bamberg, SC (Bamberg-Earhardt HS)

18. Spiller, C.J., RB, 5-11, 190, Lake Butler, Fla. (Union County HS)

19. Wade, Michael, QB, 6-2, 187, Greer, SC (Riverside)

Note: Place Kicker Richard Jackson booted a 65-yard field goal in a game this past season! :shok:

LSU did very well with their recruiting class this year, which was ranked #5 or #6 in the cuontry by most websites and magazines. Some standouts include the three #1 position ranked defenders, and the #2 ranked running back in the nation. :thumbsup:

I know you are refering to the Trojans, but there are some on UP (mostly in the Columbia, SC area) who could be confused. The USC Trojans had a typically impressive year, while the USC (South Carolina) Gamecocks had one of the most disappointing classes, considering they hired Steve Spurrier last year.

A few things stand out about Alabama's class of 2006, most notably the large number :

* 26 signees, figuring that one or two won't make it.

* Additionally, we're bringing in some high-quality walk-ons, including commitments so far from at least 3 kickers this fall (at least one or two of which are turning down scholarships from solid programs to walk on here), and at least 3 guys who had scholarships at other schools who transferred here at midterm as walk-ons (Max Martin, RB from Michigan, Tyrone King, CB from Grambling, and Jonathan Lowe, KR from Mississippi State).

* 9 DBs were signed. Two of those came in at midterm, and one of those has already been moved to LB.

A complete unknown, with no other major offers, is Javier Arenas of Tampa. Despite the lack of recruiting attention, don't be surprised if he wins the starting punt return job this fall.

* JUCO WR Nikita Stover came in at midterm. Today was the 2nd day of spring practice, and Stover has already moved up to second team. He is stronger than any of our other WRs, and could challenge for a starting job this fall.

* QB Greg McElroy of Southlake-Carroll (state champions in Texas' largest division), Texas put up over 5,300 yards of offense and 68 TDs (Texas state records) as a senior in his only season as a starter.

* RB Mike Ford is a big back (6-1 220) who led the state of Florida (all divisions) in rushing as a high school senior, and was 1st-team all-state in the largest division. He played at Hargrave Military Academy this season, and is expected to join the team in the fall.

* RB Terry Grant was Mr. Football in the state of Mississippi, and also turned in the top track time in the 100 meters in all divisions in Mississippi last year.

* 6 O-linemen were signed, including Alabama's Mr. Football Andre Smith, who is Rivals' and Scout's #2 recruit nationally at all positions.

• 3 months later...

Washington is still making the transition to being a Willingham team. He's a good recuriter...he might have had a mediocre record during his tenor but he built that Notre Dame team that is so good now.

This year Wash will probably be a tad better than last which is still not very good. We did get a local Seattle guy named Jake Locker at QB who should be good in a couple years. Almost lost the kid to baseball, though.

My other team is New Mexico and to be honest I haven't paid too close attention to their recruiting...Wash has been so bad their recruiting seems far more urgent.

^^I'd love to see the PAC field more then USC and Washington though, I think that whole pacific coast is teeming with great football talent but the conference is not that strong team to team.

Clemson, LSU and Arkansas classy? :rofl: My Gators (I'm a fan of them because my grandfather went to UF) got Percy Harvin and Tim Tebow. I can look back to the days of Steve Superior making fun of his opponents.

Umm...the topic did state, 'New College Football Recruits, Who do you like and How well did your team do?' I don't think anyone was claiming to have the best recruiting class in the country or anything. Simply saying how their teams did in recruiting.

^^I'd love to see the PAC field more then USC and Washington though, I think that whole pacific coast is teeming with great football talent but the conference is not that strong team to team.

I'm a Pac Ten guy and I'd like to see a little more consistency. Washington is good more often than not and Oregon, OSU and Wazzu have pretty good programs. Cal is usually not as good as they have been recently and Stanford has a decent program but is like Cal and usually not a contender. They'll be better off when they make their stadium smaller. UCLA should be better in all sports than they usually are...underachievers if you ask me. Also UCLA needs a stadium that isn't a hundred miles away. USC is the team that displays consitancy in football anyway. I'd also like to see a little more variety in schedules with more east and west interaction.

I'm a Pac Ten guy and I'd like to see a little more consistency. Washington is good more often than not and Oregon, OSU and Wazzu have pretty good programs. Cal is usually not as good as they have been recently and Stanford has a decent program but is like Cal and usually not a contender. They'll be better off when they make their stadium smaller. UCLA should be better in all sports than they usually are...underachievers if you ask me. Also UCLA needs a stadium that isn't a hundred miles away. USC is the team that displays consitancy in football anyway. I'd also like to see a little more variety in schedules with more east and west interaction.

I dont know how consistent USC is. They were pretty lousy for quite awhile before their dominance in the last four years. Success for the major college football programs seems cyclical.

I would really like to see the big schools schedule real games early in the season, instead of seeing Florida or Texas or USC demolish some po-dunk school by 60 points. Ohio St - Texas last year was a good start.

UNC finally made a splash with recruiting. I see they have a top 25 class. Now if Bunting can acutally coach up to his talent and be more consistent.

To many of NC football players leave the state to play. UNC has some of the finest facilities and not too mention it does have name recognition just not in football. I don't get it. We need a fiery, ornery take no crap from anybody coach to whip the program in to shape. It wasn't too long ago Mack Brown had us 11-1.

• 2 weeks later...

Great subject "Recruiting" ! For the BEST SPORT ! NCAA College Football

The LSU Tigers had a strong class and was rated # 7 by Rivals.com. Les Miles 2nd year as coach effeorts were impressive considering Hurricane Katrina was a major setback for the program.

Some of the Top Players include: 6'-4" 325lb. DT-Al Woods, rated # 2 DT in country.

"Stud"RB-Keiland Williams -Lafayette(Hargrave Military,Va) chose LSU over USC

DT-Charles Deas(Ft.Lauderdale FL) #6 rated DT in country; Jai Eugene CB,chose LSU over Michigan

Charles Scott-RB; Richard Murphy-RB;Derrick Odom-LB; Jacob Cutrera-LB(enrolled in Spring)

The SEC did well overall; 8 TEAMS in the TOP 25 ! according to Rivals.com rankings; Florida # 2 ; Georgia # 4; LSU #7; Auburn # 10; Alabama #11; Ole Miss #16; Tennessee #23; So.Carolina #24.

• 3 months later...

I can't ellaborate on Clemson's entire class, but we had a tremendous signing day again this year - ranked 14th in a couple publications. Tommy Bowden is one of the most classy people in the World and he has put together a great staff of honest, hard-working, and knowledgeable coaches and trainers.

I believe Clemson University will have the ACC's best 1-2 offensive punch on the ground with sophmore James Davis (2005 ACC Freshman of the Year) and the addition of C.J. Spiller from Florida (ranked #1 all-purpose back and #8 overall in the nation). :D

There are other great additions I'll include later.

Edit: Here is the whole incoming freshmen team!

1. Alexander, Kevin, LB, 6-3, 215, Lake Butler, Fla. (Union County HS)

2. Butler, Crezdon, DB, 6-0, 180, Asheville, N.C. (Asheville)

3. Campbell, Jeremy, LB, 6-2, 215, Port Orange, Fla. (Spruce Creek HS)

4. Cox, JoJo, RB, 5-10, 210, Jeffersonville, Ga. (Twiggs County HS)

5. Cumbie, Jamie, DL, 6-7, 255, Morris, Ill. (Morris Community HS)

6. Ford, Jacoby, WR, 5-9, 175, West Palm Beach, Fla. (Fork Union Military Acad.)

7. Gaither, Darius, DB, 6-0, 195, Winnsboro, SC (Fairfield Central HS)

8. Hairston, Chris, OL, 6-5, 270, Winston-Salem, N.C. (Carver)

9. Jackson, Kendrick, WR, 6-2, 270, Fort Lauderdale, FL (Dillard)

10. Jackson, Richard, K-P, 5-11, 185, Greer,SC (Riverside)

11. Maxwell, Byron, DB, 6-1, 185, North Charleston, SC (Fort Dorchester HS)

12. McDaniel, DeAndre, DB, 6-1, 190, Tallahassee, Fla. (Godby HS)

13. Medlin, Jamal, OL, 6-3, 305, Orangeburg, SC (Orangeburg-Wilkinson HS)

14. Ogren, Jeffrey, WR, 6-3, 185, Tuscaloosa, Ala. (American Christian Acad.)

15. Palmer, Michael, TE, 6-4, 228, Lilburn, Ga. (Parkview HS)

16. Russell, Chris, DB, 6-2, 210, Nashville, Tenn. (Coffeyville JC)

17. Sapp, Ricky, DL, 6-2, 225, Bamberg, SC (Bamberg-Earhardt HS)

18. Spiller, C.J., RB, 5-11, 190, Lake Butler, Fla. (Union County HS)

19. Wade, Michael, QB, 6-2, 187, Greer, SC (Riverside)

Note: Place Kicker Richard Jackson booted a 65-yard field goal in a game this past season! :shok:

Really? Is it official?

I know they have some bigtime talent such as Dwight Jones, Mike Paulus, Ryan Houston etc. Plus those nearly in the fold like Greg Little. If Bunting is out, it depends on who they replace him with. If its not a name coach then it could be as you said, vulture season for a lot of other schools with UNC's current verbals.

• 2 months later...

Rivals.com currently lists the following teams leading the recruiting race:

Texas

Tennessee

LSU

USC

Florida

Notre Dame

South Carolina

Georgia

Nebraska

Illinois

Am I the only one who is surprised to see Illinois in there? Didn't they only win around 2 games last year?

Rivals.com currently lists the following teams leading the recruiting race:

Texas

Tennessee

LSU

USC

Florida

Notre Dame

South Carolina

Georgia

Nebraska

Illinois

Am I the only one who is surprised to see Illinois in there? Didn't they only win around 2 games last year?

Archived