New College Football Recruits

goodbye

Steve "The Big Spur" Spurrier has my Gamecocks humming at number 6. We have approximately 18 starters returning so look for us to plug some holes with this number 6 class and be ready to win some big games in 2007. We also hav ea great class and some great transfers coming in for our basketball team. I'm looking for great things in the 2007-08 year in all sports.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Steve "The Big Spur" Spurrier has my Gamecocks humming at number 6. We have approximately 18 starters returning so look for us to plug some holes with this number 6 class and be ready to win some big games in 2007. We also hav ea great class and some great transfers coming in for our basketball team. I'm looking for great things in the 2007-08 year in all sports.

Gotta be impressed with Southern Cal getting Top recruit Joe McKnight right out of LSU's backyard in New Orleans. The Trojans tried to do the same thing last year with another highly rated Louisiana RB-Keiland Williams; But he stayed in state to play for LSU. You win some , you lose some.

The Recruiting So.Cal (USC) has been doing since 2002' is truly remarkable; really not a close 2nd. And LB-Chris Gallippo is a stud that reminds some of Urlacher/Vrabel.

A rating system according to Rivals.com since 02' USC had 85 pts. followed by LSU with 59 and Florida with 58.

So here is the rundown of the top ten recruiting race this year according to rivals.com. How incredible is it that the SEC has 7 of those ten teams! That conference is going to be insanely tough for the next few years. Also interesting, Southern Cal managed to climb to #2, despite having 18 players signed, compared to 27 for Florida and 32 for Tennessee. They also have the most 5-star recruits with 6. I was also surprised that normally crappy teams Illinois and North Carolina landed excellent classes, thanks to new coaches and/or recruiters.

1. Florida

2. USC

3. Tennessee

4. LSU

5. Texas

6. South Carolina

7. Auburn

8. Notre Dame

9. Georgia

10. Alabama

So here is the rundown of the top ten recruiting race this year according to rivals.com. How incredible is it that the SEC has 7 of those ten teams! That conference is going to be insanely tough for the next few years. Also interesting, Southern Cal managed to climb to #2, despite having 18 players signed, compared to 27 for Florida and 32 for Tennessee. They also have the most 5-star recruits with 6. I was also surprised that normally crappy teams Illinois and North Carolina landed excellent classes, thanks to new coaches and/or recruiters.

1. Florida

2. USC

3. Tennessee

4. LSU

5. Texas

6. South Carolina

7. Auburn

8. Notre Dame

9. Georgia

10. Alabama

• 1 month later...

I have to admit I was frustrated w/ Ohio State's class this year. They had several 5 star players that most scouting agencies had as silent verbals to OSU, then they switched and went to LSU and Ten, and Florida. When I got down to the #s though, even w/ a very small class of about 15, only USC had a higher avg star rating for their class, and from what a lot of people are saying in OH and nationally, Ohio next year has one of the deepest, most talented classes in several years. Plus, they are already extremely confidant that they'll land 4 of the top 6 offensive line recruits in that class, so by not loading up on lower ranked players, they saved more scholarships to use next season. I think things are going to remain good for Buckeye fans, 1 ugly loss isn't going to sink the program and I still believe Jim Tressel, though he had a bad game on 1/8 is still one of the top 5 coaches in the game, and he'll learn from that and move on. :thumbsup:

Archived