The most notable residential towers?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think there are many of those, for the plain reason that while a building that is an architectual statement is fine for a museum or such, most people wouldn't really want to spend most of their time in such a building.

This is a public housing project designed by Hundertwasser in Vienna, Austria. The odd architecture includes trees and green space on the roof. The original plans called for pasture room on the roof for sheep. That part wasn't ever built.

The sidewalks around the building are cobble stone with weird earthen mounds in it to show that nature is not just a "flat, pre-designed grid".

Sorry the picture is sideways... but you get the idea.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a public housing project designed by Hundertwasser in Vienna, Austria. The odd architecture includes trees and green space on the roof. The original plans called for pasture room on the roof for sheep. That part wasn't ever built.

The sidewalks around the building are cobble stone with weird earthen mounds in it to show that nature is not just a "flat, pre-designed grid".

Sorry the picture is sideways... but you get the idea.

WOW!

I loved hte Hundertwasser building in Austria, because it was unique. People complain about how boring and drab our subdivisions and residential developments are.. when in fact they are quite cheery and nice looking compared to the public housing flats that are so common in Europe.

I'm going back there on Saturday.. I'll see if I can find the most depressing "flat" picture in Salzburg, Austria.

Archived