Durham Urban Outfitters

nyxmike

I don't think CTC will really go downhill too quickly unless the anchors start pulling out. That's probably when a mass exodus will happen. Five anchors is alot for a mall that size, and who knows maybe having that many in one place is helping the mall out, unless they are cannabalizing each other saleswise. I think right now alot of the stores are in a holding pattern there. Not many really leaving, but nothing really coming. Just kind of blah.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

The only UO I've been in is the one at Southpark in Charlotte, so I don't know if that's a good example of the concept as a whole or not. To me, it was a slightly more tolerable version of gap, abercrombie, american eagle, etc. but with more puma, etc. and less in-house stuff. They also had drinking glasses, games (atari retro stuff at the time) and other spencers-ish trendy stuff.
There is one BIG difference you've missed here. None of the other stores you mention have so much space devoted to cannabis. Books on cannabis, cannabis ashtrays, shirts with a cannabis leaf plastered on them...all in all, far more "urban" than the others.

Of course, one could argue that a store named "Urban Outfitters" should probably not be located in a suburban shopping mall.

Edit: Should this thread be in the North Carolina or RDU forum?

Of course, one could argue that a store named "Urban Outfitters" should probably not be located in a suburban shopping mall.
It's just a name. J. Jill is not a real woman, Victoria's "secret" is that she's a man named Les Wexner, Coldwater Creek has a waterfall but no body of water nearby, and Restoration Hardware is not really a hardware store.

It's just a name. J. Jill is not a real woman, Victoria's "secret" is that she's a man named Les Wexner, Coldwater Creek has a waterfall but no body of water nearby, and Restoration Hardware is not really a hardware store.
Yeah, right. Next you'll be telling me that there's no Aunt Jemima, Betty Crocker or Mrs Paul.

Archived