Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sleepy

Anyone with pics of LaGrange TN?

Just thought I'd ask. The town's in Fayette County about 25 miles east of Memphis. I've been through there a bunch of times on my way to Pickwick Lake and Shiloh and was always impressed with the antebellum architecture.

I read that pre-civil war it had a population of 3000, and today it's down to 200, but apparently nothing was ever torn down--and nothing new was ever built--though it's well-kept up. With all that, I'd say it's probably the most extant antebellum town in the state. Sort of a mini-Natchez.

Anyway, some pics would be nice.

How 'bout it Rural King?

Nope, but I think I can arrange it by summer though. :) Kind of like those Brownsville pics, they can be obtained if my interest is sparked enough, and its sparked enough I will probably head down to see LeGrange and that region in the coming months. :)

"Have camera will travel" -within reason- lol

Nope, but I think I can arrange it by summer though. :) Kind of like those Brownsville pics, they can be obtained if my interest is sparked enough, and its sparked enough I will probably head down to see LeGrange and that region in the coming months. :)

"Have camera will travel" -within reason- lol

Well, let's see now. In August, my son and I have some free time, and we've got a choice between going to NYC and staying with a friend right smack dab in the East Village . . . . OR taking a trip to Memphis and doing a photoshoot of LaGrange.

Hmm. I love Memphis, but . . . . . :P

I think LaGrange will have to wait.

I was hoping to get these pics this weekend since I have to go to East Memphis two days in a row via I-40 and could make a swing by on one of the days (picking up Somerville courtsquare pics along the way), but unless the weather outlook improves it may be awhile longer.