Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gs3

Churches, Cathedrals, Temples, Synagogues

20 posts in this topic

On a cold, wet, winter day, you can hear the pipe organs play:

CIMG4329.jpg

CIMG4309.jpg

CIMG4312.jpg

CIMG4310.jpg

CIMG4315.jpg

CIMG4327.jpg

CIMG4316.jpg

CIMG4317.jpg

CIMG4321.jpg

CIMG4334.jpg

CIMG4322.jpg

CIMG4323.jpg

CIMG4324.jpg

Great shots, gsupstate! Nice idea for a thread, too! :thumbsup: We do have many, many beautiful churches, cathedrals, temples, and synagogues in Greenville.

Very nice pictures. I have always loved the architecture of many of Greenvilles Churches,Temples, and Synagogues.The Black and White photos are great, but give an almost gothic feel to the photogaphy.

The Black and White photos are great, but give an almost gothic feel to the photogaphy.

I agree. Even the relatively new Prince of Peace has a gothic look to it thanks to these photos:

CIMG4334.jpg

Nice work, once again, gsupstate!

Very nice shots, gsupstate! I love this idea and there are tons more to add to the list. You could very easily take a driving/walking tour of the Upstate to simply look at the many beautiful church buildings everywhere. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys! :D Greenville is definitely loaded with historic church buildings. Would love to get inside shots of some of these as there is some incredible architecture, but that may be frowned upon. Yesterday was so cold and wet, seemed that black and white was the only way to go.

Good thread idea. No megachurch pictures? :D

We've got plenty of large-to-mega churches in the Upstate, so it would be nice to get some shots to add here.

Off-hand a few I can think of:

Rock Springs Baptist - Easley

Fairview Baptist - Greer

Taylors First Baptist

Greenville First Baptist

Easley First Baptist

First Presbyterian - Greenville

Chapel at Furman University

Brookwood Community - Simpsonville

First Baptist - Spartanburg

First Presbyterian - Spartanburg

There are so many more and countless small-to-medium churches with beautiful architecture as well. :shades:

Gret photos. Mine pale im comparrison, but I have a few available to share.

IMG_1005.jpg

2ndPres.jpg

Great photos btoy! Love the red doors! Some great history in all these church's.

There are 4 Churchs in the Hampton Pickney Neighborhood that would look awsome in black and white. BTW three of the 4 are becoming condos.

There are 4 Churchs in the Hampton Pickney Neighborhood that would look awsome in black and white. BTW three of the 4 are becoming condos.

Yeah, the Hampton Picnkney area is loaded with great old churches. That area is a real gem! :thumbsup:

Great stuff gsupstate! :thumbsup:

Thanks NYT!

That church has a really cool setting.

Indeed it does. There is a little (I mean tiny) triangular shaped park in front of the church, bound on all three sides by streets. Not sure if it's city owned or owned by the church. Anybody know? It's really cute. :thumbsup:

There is a little (I mean tiny) triangular shaped park in front of the church, bound on all three sides by streets. Not sure if it's city owned or owned by the church. Anybody know? It's really cute. :thumbsup:

I believe it is owned by the city. I see their crews out there frequently doing maintianence.