Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cloudship

Worcester - Restaurants and Bars

Where do you like to go out in the Worcester area?

My favorite is India Cafe at White City - it's a typical hole in the wall, but with great food. Wait staff aren't particularly good at English, but if you can get over that...

I am also fond of Coes on Mill Street. I like finding the out of the way places that really keep a good following. I usually try and stay away from Shrewsbury Street, except to every once in a while go to Cafe Dolce.

Anyone been to SPQR? HOw expensive and fancy is it?

For good indian food with nice ambiente - Bollywood Grill on RT. 9

For Steak: 111 Chop House

Best Value in town: The new Brazilian "Churrascaria" on Shrewsbury street - you can't beat the selection of good meat for that price - and you can bring your own wine - its fantastic!

For a good ambiente: Union Station Restaurant, good food and still reasonably priced for that kind of atmosphere

Hippest place: Hands down "Block 5" on Green street, have never eaten in their restaurant section, but their appetizers are very good and the bar is very lively and the whole place has a big city flair to it - the place could be in NYC or Miami.

SPQR: It is not a restaurant, it is a wine and cheese bar (Good wine selection, cheese plates and pastries). It is a very nice place with a European feeling. Wine prices are reasonable for the selection. A great after-dinner place for a date. They have live music on Thursdays. - There is a restaurant next to it, never tried it, anybody did???

I couldn't find an authentic Mexican Place in Worcester yet... any suggestions???

I finally tried Bollywood Grill the other night. It was - OK.

A little different from the Inda Cafe across the street. This place was fancier, more of a restaurant with nice lighting and formal dinnerware and such. The menu was a bit larger, alhtough I think the food seemed a tad blander than the other place. This one seemed much more americanized to me - most of the people in there were not of Indian descent.

In a nutshell, I think that Inda Cafe feels a bit more homestyle, a lot more ethnic and much more adventurous, while Bollywood was more a place to take someone who has never had Indian before out to eat.

I finally tried Bollywood Grill the other night. It was - OK.

A little different from the Inda Cafe across the street. This place was fancier, more of a restaurant with nice lighting and formal dinnerware and such. The menu was a bit larger, alhtough I think the food seemed a tad blander than the other place. This one seemed much more americanized to me - most of the people in there were not of Indian descent.

In a nutshell, I think that Inda Cafe feels a bit more homestyle, a lot more ethnic and much more adventurous, while Bollywood was more a place to take someone who has never had Indian before out to eat.

I agree. Bollywood has the nicer atmosphere, but Inda Cafe certainly the better food.

Regarding bars, Irish Times on Main, Mahoney's & Leitrim's on Park were the places I visited most. Leitrim's is a dive, but it's packed every Thursday.