USC Projects & Construction (excluding Innovista)

Spartan

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This Article in the Free Times talks about how the economy has created a glut of on campus housing at USC, which I totally disagree with. I'd argue that glut is largely attributable to the plethora of new off campus housing available now, and the willingness of students to pay a premium for said off campus units.

I have no idea why students would want to live in those complexes off Bluff Road. I'd rather be able to walk to class, Five Points and The Vista.

I totally agree with you.

I lived in University Oaks for a year, and realized how much happier I was in The Lofts at USC Whaley's Mill.

I have no idea why students would want to live in those complexes off Bluff Road. I'd rather be able to walk to class, Five Points and The Vista.

I agree 100%. I lived on Saluda a block from 5 Points for 3 out of my 4 years, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I had some friends that lived out on Bluff, and the construction on those places is shotty at best.

I agree 100%. I lived on Saluda a block from 5 Points for 3 out of my 4 years, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I had some friends that lived out on Bluff, and the construction on those places is shotty at best.

Yeah; you miss the whole feel of being in college and being close to everything.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone think USC could support a ZipCar service? Looking at some of the other universities that have the service, it seems like USC would be a good candidate given the more urban nature of the campus.

Universities with ZipCar

In order for USC to support a service like this, more students would need to live closer to or on campus, and the University would have to start actively discouraging students from bringing cars.

As it stands right now, I feel like the vast majority of students bring cars with them, which would make ZipCar somewhat redundant.

So the universities that participate have some sort of no cars rule (eg: for freshmen) ?

I wouldn't think so...but USC does have a disproportionately large number of Freshman bringing cars, most likely attributed to the combination of a large in state population and the abundant availability of parking.

I was merely suggesting that by limiting the number of cars on campus, not only would the university be able to free up some real estate, but it would also increase the ZipCar user base.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's a rendering of the Patterson Hall renovations. The 38.5 million dollar project will turn the dorm rooms with community bathrooms into suites and includes four new vertical tower elements, new carpet, paint and fixtures, a seismic upgrade, "green" features, and grassy areas around the building for a horseshoe-esque feel.

PatersonHall.jpg

• 4 months later...