Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HABANERO7

Etowah plant expansion

6 posts in this topic

Gov. Phil Bredesen was in the area Thursday 2/9/2006 for the ribbon cutting of the new $100 million dollar expansion of the plant located on Hwy 411 in East McMinn County. The plant expansion will allow Johns Mansville to produce up to one billion square meters of non-woven glass mat per year... whatever that is... When the plant is up and running with the new addition it is expected to create an extra 150 jobs bringing the plants total to around 400

Awesome! The more jobs the better. Its great to hear about more jobs coming to East Tennessee, it seems that the area stretching from Athens down to Chattanooga/Cleveland is doing quite well/better here over the past years.

Awesome news indeed. Tennessee is doing as well as any state in the country in attacting new manufacturing investment. Yeah!

For those of you unfamiliar with McMinn County Tennessee, below I placed a small breakdown of cities, population and the top 10 manufacturing plants in the county.

McMinn County

Population

Is Mayfield Milk and Ice Cream still the untoucable king of dairy products in East Tennessee?

Turner (Covington, TN) still dominates most of West TN and the Mid-South (WTN, WKY, EARK, NMS), but Prarie Farms in is making in-roads in the northern sections of its territory.

McMinn County is working hard on tourism too from what I understand as well. Etowah has a historic train station I believe, right?