Links of Fayetteville

strmchsr77

It looks like another Master Planned Community is on the way in West Fayetteville. This one looks to be close to the same size as the Park West Community in NW Fayetteville. Wellspring, once it is finished should cover approx. 150 acres and will include over 1100 dweling units as well as 550,000 square feet of commercial/office type space. Full build out may take between 4 and 12 years and the project is located on the NE corner of the Wedington/Rupple Rd intersection.

This seems to be just one of many other large projects in that part of town. Terminella is working on a much larger development called Mountain Ranch just south of Wedington and along the Interstate.

John Nock is working on Rupple Row just south of the Wedington/Rupple rd. corner, and I remember seeing something about another large development on the SW corner of this same intersection. Then there are dozens of more conventional subdivisions located westward along the Wedington corridor.

Here is some more information on Wellspring. This is from the upcoming City Council meeting.

http://www.accessfayetteville.org/pdfs/dow...=4742&revision=

Let me know what you all think, and if you have more information...

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the info. There really seems to be a lot going on in the west part of the city. I attended the City Plan 2025 workshop for the west part of the city yesterday. I don't think anyone mentioned this particular development but there was a lot of mention about a lot of stuff happening out there. I know Rupple Rd is going to be worked on quite a bit in the near future. I think not only are they planning on widening it but also extending it south to connect to 6th St/Hwy 62. The city is planning on it being the major corridor in that part of the city just like Crossover St/Hwy 265 is over on the east side of the city. The David W Reynolds Fayetteville Boys and Girls Club is on Rupple Rd south of Weddington and I also saw the new school being built almost directly south of it. But I think overall there's certainly a trend on cities developing on the west side. I think this makes sense as I-540 becomes more the center of the metro instead of Hwy 71. I also think there is a good chance of a 'western bypass' eventually being built further west so I think this also increases the chances of developments happening on the west side of Fayetteville and Springdale. I didn't read the whole pdf file, it was pretty long. But I did notice terms like mixed-use in there and it does give me some impressions of it being somewhat similar to Park West. Although I'm not sure just how similar it will be. The more I attend these meetings for the City Plan 2025 the more I'm liking this New Urbanism style of building. I won't say that there aren't going to be any possible problems but I think they are going to be better than most of the other current alternatives.

Thanks for the info. There really seems to be a lot going on in the west part of the city. I attended the City Plan 2025 workshop for the west part of the city yesterday. I don't think anyone mentioned this particular development but there was a lot of mention about a lot of stuff happening out there. I know Rupple Rd is going to be worked on quite a bit in the near future. I think not only are they planning on widening it but also extending it south to connect to 6th St/Hwy 62. The city is planning on it being the major corridor in that part of the city just like Crossover St/Hwy 265 is over on the east side of the city. The David W Reynolds Fayetteville Boys and Girls Club is on Rupple Rd south of Weddington and I also saw the new school being built almost directly south of it. But I think overall there's certainly a trend on cities developing on the west side. I think this makes sense as I-540 becomes more the center of the metro instead of Hwy 71. I also think there is a good chance of a 'western bypass' eventually being built further west so I think this also increases the chances of developments happening on the west side of Fayetteville and Springdale. I didn't read the whole pdf file, it was pretty long. But I did notice terms like mixed-use in there and it does give me some impressions of it being somewhat similar to Park West. Although I'm not sure just how similar it will be. The more I attend these meetings for the City Plan 2025 the more I'm liking this New Urbanism style of building. I won't say that there aren't going to be any possible problems but I think they are going to be better than most of the other current alternatives.

Yeah, I have heard about them widening Rupple Road and making it more of a principle arterial (like Crossover). And about it connecting 6th, then northbound upto around Hwy 112. Hopefully they can get started pretty quick on it. I don't see a western bypass anytime soon. I could see 540 becoming 6-8 lanes and maybe even an eastern bypass or loop sooner. I still remember when 540 was the 'western bypass.'

It is great to read your comments on the City Plan 2025, I am hoping to make it to one this week. I am glad you are keeping us all up to date. I have done alot of research on the New Urbanism (Neo-Traditional) style of development and I think it is great. There seems to be less problems with it as compared to general subdivisions. I am all about convienence.

Yeah, I have heard about them widening Rupple Road and making it more of a principle arterial (like Crossover). And about it connecting 6th, then northbound upto around Hwy 112. Hopefully they can get started pretty quick on it. I don't see a western bypass anytime soon. I could see 540 becoming 6-8 lanes and maybe even an eastern bypass or loop sooner. I still remember when 540 was the 'western bypass.'

It is great to read your comments on the City Plan 2025, I am hoping to make it to one this week. I am glad you are keeping us all up to date. I have done alot of research on the New Urbanism (Neo-Traditional) style of development and I think it is great. There seems to be less problems with it as compared to general subdivisions. I am all about convienence.

Yeah I'm hoping I might be able to make it to another workshop, but at the least I'll be able to see the open shop they are going to have at the Nadine Baum Studio this week. I mentioned some of the things you talked about in another topic but I'll go ahead and mention some of the info here as well. From what I'm hearing it looks like they are mainly looking to widen I-540 to 6 lanes. I get the impression they just don't think they'll be able to get the funding to do any of the sections to 8 lanes anytime soon. I also have not heard anything on the eastern parkway at all. But I have been hearing some things about the western bypass. I've heard talks of making it a toll road so that it might be possible to get it done sometime in the near future. I got to talk to one of the city planners who deals with a lot of the transportation issues for Fayetteville. I need to post some of that info I heard in one of the topics.

I wish I could see a map of the layout of the development-- I hope it provides connectivity with the existing neighborhood to the east (I forget the name of it). Or at least pedestrian connectivity. Very interesting

making the city pedestrian friendly was a big topic at the City Plan 2025 workshop for the west part of the city. I think one of the big issues for the New Urbanism type of developments is to make these areas pedestrian friendly so I would think that it would allow for connectivity with the other nearby areas. As far as the predestrian friendly topics addressed at the workshop there was even talk of wanting pedestrian crossways over I-540.

I think that might be the same link strmchsr77 posted. But I admit I haven't had time to look through it very closely and don't have time this morning either. Either way thanks for looking it up. :D

:rofl: Boy, I thought I had a real find there! Imagine for all the typing in Google I did I could have just clicked on strmchsr77's link... actually I did click his link but gave up waiting for it too load, not realizing it was worth it.

So this is going to be a nice Urban Development?

I figured since it was being developed by the Barber Group that it was.

From what I understand it's going to be a retirement community with retail, golf course and community park... hopefully not just for the residents as Bryce Davis Park is a family-oriented neighborhood park with playgrounds for the kids.

From what I understand it's going to be a retirement community with retail, golf course and community park... hopefully not just for the residents as Bryce Davis Park is a family-oriented neighborhood park with playgrounds for the kids.

I would really think it would be a family oriented development. The David W Reynolds Fayetteville Boys and Girls Club is just down the street from it. Although I do there think there's a senior center over around that area as well.

^That would be bad then to have a bar there.

I don't doubt that there will be bars as well as many restaurants. This area of town has thousands of people and thousands more are moving into the area. It will be able to support multiple bars and restaurants soon. From what I understand this is not only a retirement community. I am not too sure about the golf course mentioned earlier. I may have just missed reading about it, but it does not sound like that bad of an idea for that side of town. I think the only courses over there are the old Razorback and Valley View in Farmington. Anyway, I do believe it will connect to the neighborhoods to the east (Walnut Grove and Woodfield) to an extent. The park area especially.

We are working on the Chevaux Court condos just east along Wedington, but this development will not connect to it.

Yes, this is another Barber development, man I wish they had a working website!!!

Has anyone heard any news on the Mountain Ranch development. or any others in the area?

I don't doubt that there will be bars as well as many restaurants. This area of town has thousands of people and thousands more are moving into the area. It will be able to support multiple bars and restaurants soon. From what I understand this is not only a retirement community. I am not too sure about the golf course mentioned earlier. I may have just missed reading about it, but it does not sound like that bad of an idea for that side of town. I think the only courses over there are the old Razorback and Valley View in Farmington. Anyway, I do believe it will connect to the neighborhoods to the east (Walnut Grove and Woodfield) to an extent. The park area especially.

We are working on the Chevaux Court condos just east along Wedington, but this development will not connect to it.

Yes, this is another Barber development, man I wish they had a working website!!!

Has anyone heard any news on the Mountain Ranch development. or any others in the area?

My bad about the golf course... there's no mention of it in the document. In fact I may have been thinking of another project altogether... there's just so many of them! There will be about 50 acres of green space in the development and at least 3 different residential density levels to choose from to cater to anyone's needs. There will be a couple quality restaurants, a couple fast foods, a bank, a couple retailers and a 200,000 square-foot medical facility. And this time I read the document thoroughly. :D

I haven't been hearing too much about any of the developments out there. I did get to hear a bit about the South Pass development while I was checking out the temporary offices for the Dover Kohl group at the Nadine Baum Studios. I wish they would just let me in there to take pics of all the maps and renderings they have. I bet they have a lot of info on so many developments.

I haven't been hearing too much about any of the developments out there. I did get to hear a bit about the South Pass development while I was checking out the temporary offices for the Dover Kohl group at the Nadine Baum Studios. I wish they would just let me in there to take pics of all the maps and renderings they have. I bet they have a lot of info on so many developments.

I was able to see a SouthPass plan when I was in one of the partners offices the other day, but it was so quick that most of it did not sink in. I do remember seeing a ampitheater on the rendering though. Still it looked highly impressive, and very LARGE!

Thanks for the more detailed info on Wellspring Mason's dad, you read it more carefully than I did. I guess I never got to the amount of restauants and banks, etc.

I didn't get to catch a lot but I will pass on what I saw and heard about the Southpass development. First of all is the land. There is a flat hill, it would probably be called a mesa if we were further west. From what I cxould tell most of the residential area will be placed on it. Someone mentioned that it should have nice views looking back towards the main part of the city. There's going to be a nice park, perhpas that's where the amphitheater will be. I also have some info on the park. Apparently it used to be an old small landfill. I got the impression isn't wasn't used for very long and is rather safe and not particularly bad when you think about landfills. I didn't hear but I got the impression it was somewhat old. I didn't hear much after that point, the Morning News came in at that point to do interviews and such. If you saw the picture in today's paper I was standing off to the right which is the left side of the pic.

• 2 months later...

It looks as though some work has already started on this project. When I drove by earlier this afternoon the developers had put up signs with a picture of the plan and some additional information. I was on my way somewhere and did not have time to read it, but from what I saw it looks very large. Hopefully one of us can swing by and get more information or a pictures or something.

It looks as though some work has already started on this project. When I drove by earlier this afternoon the developers had put up signs with a picture of the plan and some additional information. I was on my way somewhere and did not have time to read it, but from what I saw it looks very large. Hopefully one of us can swing by and get more information or a pictures or something.

Are you talking about the wellspring or the south pass development? I know there are signs up on wedington for the well spring community with a layout of what it will look like. Where will the south pass development be? I haven't heard much about this one.

Where exactly did you see the sign at? I'll see if I can get over there and take a few pics in the next few days.

Where exactly did you see the sign at? I'll see if I can get over there and take a few pics in the next few days.

There is a sign along Wedington, at the SE corner of the property. This is just west of the stoplight at Salem. Also, I believe I saw another sign on Rupple Rd, just north of the Wedington intersection. If there is a sign there, it might be easier to get a pic considering the traffic on Wedington.

There is a sign along Wedington, at the SE corner of the property. This is just west of the stoplight at Salem. Also, I believe I saw another sign on Rupple Rd, just north of the Wedington intersection. If there is a sign there, it might be easier to get a pic considering the traffic on Wedington.

Thanks I also tend to go out and take pics in busy traffic areas early on weekend mornings. That also reminds me you mentioned a condo development out there on the west side of the city I had forgotten about. Maybe I can see about taking a few pics of it as well.

Thanks I also tend to go out and take pics in busy traffic areas early on weekend mornings. That also reminds me you mentioned a condo development out there on the west side of the city I had forgotten about. Maybe I can see about taking a few pics of it as well.

Another Condo Development?

Is this a high rise or what?

Another Condo Development?

Is this a high rise or what?

I admit I really don't know I haven't been out there to see it yet. But I'm assuming it's not anything particularly tall or else I probably would have heard about it if you know what I mean. :lol: Strmchsr77 I believe mentioned it a while back ago and I forgot about it. I'll need to look for it as well since I'm going to try to be out in that part of the city sometime.

Archived