Links of Fayetteville

strmchsr77

I admit I really don't know I haven't been out there to see it yet. But I'm assuming it's not anything particularly tall or else I probably would have heard about it if you know what I mean. :lol: Strmchsr77 I believe mentioned it a while back ago and I forgot about it. I'll need to look for it as well since I'm going to try to be out in that part of the city sometime.

Yes, we have some condos out there. They are not highrises for sure. They are only 2 stories each (unless you are the City of Fayetteville, then that might be considered close to too tall... :D). There are 58 units total out there, and they are located just East of Wellspring. You can access them off of Salem. Also, kind of off topic we are also working on a few other projects just like those across the Metro. One is starting dirtwork along Main street in Johnson. Then there will be one in S-dale and Rogers eventually. More updates on those as they start construction.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another Condo Development?

Is this a high rise or what?

I believe they call these kinds of developments "master planned communities." I'm pretty sure as far as urban density you're going to see mostly 2 1-2 story houses per acre, with some condo/townhomes mixed in. There will be a mix of commercial retail, restaurants, and office space. I believe it's the Wellspring community that will have a couple hundred acres of dedicated greenspace. It could be the Southpass development or maybe both that will donate Fayetteville's Regional Park.

I believe they call these kinds of developments "master planned communities." I'm pretty sure as far as urban density you're going to see mostly 2 1-2 story houses per acre, with some condo/townhomes mixed in. There will be a mix of commercial retail, restaurants, and office space. I believe it's the Wellspring community that will have a couple hundred acres of dedicated greenspace. It could be the Southpass development or maybe both that will donate Fayetteville's Regional Park.

Wellspring is a master planned community just as Mason's Dad said. The condo development (Chevaux Court) is finished and located just east of Wellspring area. Sorry, I just thought that I would clarify that we are talking about two different projects.

Yeah sorry, I mentioned this here but this was originally mentioned in another topic. I just mentioned it because I realized I had forgotten to get over there and check it out and take pics after strmchsr77 mentioned it in the other condos in Fayetteville topic. Here's a link to that topic where this was orginally mentioned.

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...opic=22661&st=0

Sorry if I made it any more confusing. There's just too many developments going on in NWA... not that I'm complaining. :D

Yes sometime there's just so much going on. Then you decide to mention another development and you end up with some complications. But I think those are some good problems to have though. :D

post-8897-1145550181_thumb.jpgpost-8897-1145550091_thumb.jpg

Here are some pictures of the signs on the development:

I hope I did this right, it is my first time posting pictures. I usually just rely on Mith's expert photography... :D

Thanks for the pics, you beat me to it. :D Nice to see what's going on out there. I still need to take a look out there anyway though.

• 1 month later...

Another day, another start for an enormous development in west Fayetteville. The first 132 lots came through the PC last night and came through with no objections. These will be single family homes alot like Mountain Ranch's first phase. This is going to be a more New Urbanism style development based on walkability. The homes come in the first phases then comes the commercial areas. This will have a total of around 1175 residences as compared with 1100 in Mountian Ranch.

We have seen this recently with Park West. They started the first phase (which is residential) just a few weeks ago. If we have to have sprawl (aka greenfield development), let it be more like these large master-planned New Urbanism communities.

Here is the article from the Times:

Wellspring Community

After looking at the picture of the sign at the site (with a map of the development), it doesn't look all that impressive as I was thinking. I suppose technically it is a "mixed-use" development, but it looks like just that-- some multi-family with some single-family units nearby each other.

At least there's a lot of greenspace apparently (trails aren't shown on it, too bad). But when it comes down to it, other than the greenspace it looks like any other subidivision. Doesn't look like a TOD or anything per se.

The connectivity to the east neighborhood and south to the commercial property seems lacking.

Plus, there isn't much connectivity to Rupple. Not much of a "grid" network to the outside world. Shame, shame, what would the Dover&Kohl ppls say I wonder. At the risk of sounding a little sardonic (sp?), by golly those durn transportation engineers building only a few big roads, encouraging sprawl and auto traffic, instead of a grid network of smaller ped-friendly streets. I know, blame them!

• 7 months later...

I have finally found out what happened with this development and the newly proposed Links at Fayetteville. From what I understand this land was traded to Lindsey for 12000 acres somewhere in Texas. That is about all of the details I know. So, Wellspring Community is out and this new Lindsey apartment complex will take its place. Hopefully it will live up to the hype of being something a little better than the norm for their apartment complexes.

I have finally found out what happened with this development and the newly proposed Links at Fayetteville. From what I understand this land was traded to Lindsey for 12000 acres somewhere in Texas. That is about all of the details I know. So, Wellspring Community is out and this new Lindsey apartment complex will take its place. Hopefully it will live up to the hype of being something a little better than the norm for their apartment complexes.

I never saw a lot of details for the Wellspring Community. So I'm not sure which I would have preferred. Although I do know many of us have some reservations about Lindsey. Like I said before I think we'll just have to wait and see.

I still think that we should give this development a chance. At least they seem to be doing something different. Although, I don't think that the proposed development would have any chance on passing if it was going to be the same as say Lakeside or any other Lindsey apt complex. I still think that having the apartments surrounded by a golf course is a much better idea than a golf course surrounded by apartments.

I still think that we should give this development a chance. At least they seem to be doing something different. Although, I don't think that the proposed development would have any chance on passing if it was going to be the same as say Lakeside or any other Lindsey apt complex. I still think that having the apartments surrounded by a golf course is a much better idea than a golf course surrounded by apartments.

Archived