Links of Fayetteville

strmchsr77

Does anyone know what the road heading to the east connects to? It looks to me as though it is going to connect to Albany Ln in the Walnut Grove subdivision. I live in that neighborhood and I'm not sure I like the idea of people cutting thru my neighborhood to get to their Lindsey Apartment. Especially if the apartments are the usual Lindsey complexes.

Btw, I'm a long time reader but this is my first time posting. Do I need to introduce myself somewhere?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect it will connect with Walnut Grove but I sure hope not. Walnut Grove already has a traffic problem with speeding.

Does anyone know what the road heading to the east connects to? It looks to me as though it is going to connect to Albany Ln in the Walnut Grove subdivision. I live in that neighborhood and I'm not sure I like the idea of people cutting thru my neighborhood to get to their Lindsey Apartment. Especially if the apartments are the usual Lindsey complexes.

Btw, I'm a long time reader but this is my first time posting. Do I need to introduce myself somewhere?

Are you talking about the subdivision with Salem Rd. off of Wedington? I don't know why the would not have made that road a little more conducive to being finished through to Mt. Comfort. Yeah, speeding will be a problem I guess, but in my opinion they need more connectivity between neighborhoods and forget the subdivision design. Unfortunately Walnut Grove (if I know which one it is) is not designed well for that.

• 2 weeks later...

The development is having a hard time through the Planning Commission. Lindsey is going to have to make some changes before they pass it through to the Council. He has already agreed to some of the changes and will probably go ahead and make the rest over this next month. He has agreed to cut down the number of apartments and add affordable condos to the massive project and put more difference in architectural design into the project as a whole. So, I do see this getting past the PC the next time it comes through if they decide to make these changes. The commissioners did like the project and most of them said they would vote for it if the changes are made.

Here is a link to the Times Article: Links of Fayetteville

Here is a link to the Morning News Article: Links of Fayetteville

The development is having a hard time through the Planning Commission. Lindsey is going to have to make some changes before they pass it through to the Council. He has already agreed to some of the changes and will probably go ahead and make the rest over this next month. He has agreed to cut down the number of apartments and add affordable condos to the massive project and put more difference in architectural design into the project as a whole. So, I do see this getting past the PC the next time it comes through if they decide to make these changes. The commissioners did like the project and most of them said they would vote for it if the changes are made.

Here is a link to the Times Article: Links of Fayetteville

Here is a link to the Morning News Article: Links of Fayetteville

Watching the replay of the PC meeting addressing this development, it looks like its moving in the right direction.

I think its going to be ok, although I still don't like how huge it is.

Developer mentioned that the project (including golf course) is over 65% greenspace.

Its definitely going to be nicer than your typical apt complex.

Its refreshing to see Mr. Lindsey working towards something other than maximizing profits. :thumbsup:

Watching the replay of the PC meeting addressing this development, it looks like its moving in the right direction.

I think its going to be ok, although I still don't like how huge it is.

Developer mentioned that the project (including golf course) is over 65% greenspace.

Its definitely going to be nicer than your typical apt complex.

Its refreshing to see Mr. Lindsey working towards something other than maximizing profits. :thumbsup:

I'm not doing the Tequila dance about this project, but considering that we're only a couple of years removed from straight-up all out Lindsey garden style apartment complexes in Fayetteville, I'll acknowledge it as a step in the right direction.

Until incomes rise sharply in the metro, apartments of this ilk are going to be a staple. Its an obvious improvement on an old outdated model, so its progress.

Hooray progress.

What about the Southern View complex near I-540 and 6th street. Aren't those Lindsey? They have a town center style with retail and residential space. They are not complete yet but they are getting closer.

The Links are getting closer to getting approval but they are not there yet. They have made some big changes since the development was announced a month or two ago. Now they are adding more townhouses and condos that will be for sale to the project instead of the massive amounts of apartments. Also they have included some 4 story mixed use buildings along Rupple Road. Hopefully they can come to an agreement and get the massive project approved.

Here is a link to the story from the Times: The Links

The Links are getting closer to getting approval but they are not there yet. They have made some big changes since the development was announced a month or two ago. Now they are adding more townhouses and condos that will be for sale to the project instead of the massive amounts of apartments. Also they have included some 4 story mixed use buildings along Rupple Road. Hopefully they can come to an agreement and get the massive project approved.

Here is a link to the story from the Times: The Links

Sounds like its getting better and better.

I for one am glad to see the city pushing and pulling on this thing, even though its not in the area of town that generally encourages protest for large new developments.

Owner-occupied units will improve the quality of life for all residents of this development, and their neighbors.

West Fayetteville will be better off in the long run.

Sounds like its getting better and better.

I for one am glad to see the city pushing and pulling on this thing, even though its not in the area of town that generally encourages protest for large new developments.

Owner-occupied units will improve the quality of life for all residents of this development, and their neighbors.

West Fayetteville will be better off in the long run.

You know they are, Rod. Once he proves that he can do something other than the old-style apartment complexes, he will be expected to do all new projects the same way or better than the Links. Although, this is such a large project, I don't expect to see too many more new complexes by them for quite some time.

No. Lindsey will still build affordable housing in his old style wherever he's allowed to (a dozen other cities in Arkansas). Fayetteville may be one of the first cities to force Lindsey to build [uN]affordable housing, but Lindsey also builds apartments in Alabama, Kansas, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Texas.

And Fayetteville will be a better place for it in the long run.

I'm pleased to see this apartment complex not just get a stamp of approval.

I believe ALL developers should consider themselves as builders of a community and think longterm, rather than just cash in their chips, maximize revenue and move onto the next greenfield.

Archived