Links of Fayetteville

strmchsr77

I apologize for belittling.

I just felt like I kept reading the same things justifying the project, over and over and I felt a need to make my points uber-clear.

A person need not agree with Dover-Kohl, but please do be informed. I just harp on it because we paid for it and I'm disappointed to see it ignored because I think its in the city's best interest. Let's follow it.

City Council: Stop wasting our money for studies you refuse to follow, and stop paying the salaries of city staff if you are going to constantly ignore their research and input.

Carry on.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't expect every single development in Fayetteville to comply with the Dover-Kohl plan. I don't even think apartment complexes should be included in that plan. Apartments are supposed to be temporary housing for most people or more permanent for people who can't afford or don't have good credit for a house or condo (myself included). Dover-Kohl's city plans don't include those people. I believe the Links of Fayetteville will be far nicer than many of the newer apartment complexes in NWA and it should just be left at that.

Another thing to keep in mind is Dover-Kohl's experience building communities, not entire cities. So their plans should be limited to certain areas of the city and not to all areas.

I think if you asked some people though, they'd say few developments the city has allowed fits the Dover-Kohl plan. Although I imagine that varies depending on who you ask. Although like you said it's not likely that everything will fit into that plan. But I think some people thought the city might follow it a little more closely.

I apologize for belittling.

I just felt like I kept reading the same things justifying the project, over and over and I felt a need to make my points uber-clear.

A person need not agree with Dover-Kohl, but please do be informed. I just harp on it because we paid for it and I'm disappointed to see it ignored because I think its in the city's best interest. Let's follow it.

City Council: Stop wasting our money for studies you refuse to follow, and stop paying the salaries of city staff if you are going to constantly ignore their research and input.

Carry on.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Last week bulding permits started coming through the City of Fayetteville and I believe they were for this project. There were around 45 different multi-family buildings (valued at nearly 50 million) all from Lindsey. I did not recognize any of the streets but the address numbers lined up with this area and I don't think that Lindsey has any other projects anywhere near this size going on in Fayetteville. Hopefully the buildings will be different than the normal complexes.

Last week bulding permits started coming through the City of Fayetteville and I believe they were for this project. There were around 45 different multi-family buildings (valued at nearly 50 million) all from Lindsey. I did not recognize any of the streets but the address numbers lined up with this area and I don't think that Lindsey has any other projects anywhere near this size going on in Fayetteville. Hopefully the buildings will be different than the normal complexes.

I've got friends that work over there that give me some generic info every once in a while.... I can't remember the numbers when it comes to how many apartment complexes and how many units, etc... But the last time we spoke I remember hearing that the apartment side of his business has about $2 Million in positive cash flow EVERY MONTH. Not too shabby.

Most of his stuff may be cookie-cutter designs, but I'm sure that takes a lot of the guess work out of estimating construction costs, management costs, etc. Maybe the Barber group should take a few notes... LOL...

My personal favorite thing he's done for Fayetteville is build his new office building. His apartment complexes, from the cheap ones to the "golf" ones are generally uninspiring to me, but I don't expect a whole lot from apartment complexes. As much as I would like to see him branch out a bit, I think we may be better off with him providing the more affordable (albeit generic) housing around the area, and others working on the commercial and niche residential developments.

• 3 months later...

The Links is moving right along. There are 4 story stair shafts in place but looking at the plans I'm not sure where they are located on the plans. These photos are from the SW corner of the property about 200 ft off Rupple Rd. It's very evident now just how huge a project this is.

On another note- the Wedington Road widening project in this area is getting it's final layer of asphalt- I imagine anyone who used that road regularly is glad to see that happening.

DSCN0929.jpg

DSCN0930.jpg

Archived