Dick Cheney shoots a man!

cityboi

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe the experience will give him and his rich Republican friends an idea what our poor soldiers are facing every hour that are fighting their senseless war in Iraq. That is the true tragedy in all of this.

Do you think the soldiers find it senseless? I'd imagine an awful lot of them think it makes sense, and really believe in what they are doing. Remember, that's a volunteer army too. And some of their rich, republican friends have been in combat themselves.

I find it interesting how this was reported a day after it occured...

I heard it wan't made publice until the landowner where it occured phoned it in to the local paper today!

This is not "hunting" its a canned hunt. They raise these birds on a farm from domestic stock and release them the day of the "hunt". The birds are confused and have no idea they are supposed to hide. They only take to the air when flushed out by a dog.

No actual hunting skill involved...my grandma could get a bird like that.

Okay, that's kind of ridiculous. What's the point then? You're not actually hunting.

Hunting is supposed to be, well, hunting. It's a thrill.. and believe it or not.. in places like Minnesota, we eat the food that we kill. And we manage it properly so that we don't push species to extinction.

Do you think the soldiers find it senseless? I'd imagine an awful lot of them think it makes sense, and really believe in what they are doing. Remember, that's a volunteer army too. And some of their rich, republican friends have been in combat themselves.

I heard it wan't made publice until the landowner where it occured phoned it in to the local paper today!

Every solder that I have spoken to that has come back from there says it is. Complete waste of time and our people are being killed for it.

Every solder that I have spoken to that has come back from there says it is. Complete waste of time and our people are being killed for it.

Well, that's a two-way street; I also know a former Navy officer and an Army helicopter pilot that do not agree with your view.

Id like to ask why are we in Iraq, It couldn't have been for terrorism because there were no terrorist or weapons of mass destruction there. Ironically when we invaded Iraq there was no order and the terrorist came to Iraq. I still dont know what the objective was. Why are we there? Our govermnet still hasnt answered that question.

Id like to ask why are we in Iraq, It couldn't have been for terrorism because there were no terrorist or weapons of mass destruction there. Ironically when we invaded Iraq there was no order and the terrorist came to Iraq. I still dont know what the objective was. Why are we there? Our govermnet still hasnt answered that question.

I ask folks that all the time: First it was spun as to eliminate the threat of WMDs, then it was spun as the frontline of the 'War on Terror', and now it has evolved into 'bringing democracy' to the Middle East. Um then again, my memory of the sequence is failling...

Maybe after we all take a breath and digest whats before us we can lead the way to an era of humility. Anybody want to start the War on Arrogance!

A very tragic accident indeed. My thoughts and prayers go out to Whittington and his family. I hope he gets better.

However, I'd like to point out that this has very little to do with politics other than the people involved with it, as such, it does not change my stance on the Bush administration's policies (most of which I support).

I agree, the incident really isn't that newsworthy, but it is a symptom of the tabloidism that our media focuses on. They should instead be focusing on the corrupt and incompetant Bush Administration. The very tragic revelations that Fema bought $400,000,000 worth of emergency trailers, that are sinking in the mud and will never be used are but the latest example of how incompetant this administration is. The trailers are even the wrong type for NO. Crap such as this are being lost in the trivialities of Cheney's lack of safe gun practices.

Ironchapman, exactly what policies of Bush do you support? Bankrupting the country, sending all our jobs to China, placing incompetant political allies at the head of important agencies (the above Fema example), fighting the war in Iraq that is serving no good purpose, ignoring the illegal immigration problem, or is it something else? This has to be, without a doubt the worst administration to run the country in the last 100 years. Even Nixon and Spiro T. Agnew were better.

Republicans are mad, saying that this Cheney fiasco doesn't relate to politics, but since when did they care? They were the ones that attempted to impeach a president because he had an affair.

It was just reported on CNN that the man shot by Dick Cheney was taken back to ICU. I hope he wins this battle. Poor guy! :(

A further outrage that is being buried in the press is the proposal in the 2007 Bush budget to start selling off the National Forests to private developers. Thousands of acres in some of the most popular parks are on the block, and the resulting amount of the sale, $800M will pay for about 1/2 week's federal spending in Iraq.

This is an absolute outrage. Once this land is lost to development, it is lost forever.

A further outrage that is being buried in the press is the proposal in the 2007 Bush budget to start selling off the National Forests to private developers. Thousands of acres in some of the most popular parks are on the block, and the resulting amount of the sale, $800M will pay for about 1/2 week's federal spending in Iraq.

This is an absolute outrage. Once this land is lost to development, it is lost forever.

Details please! Do you know where I can get specific info on what lands are being sold off?

Archived