In-state recruiting

krazeeboi

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really care where we recruit players from as long as they are good people and hard-workers. If we lead by example then the right players will gladly come to our schools. This is the main reason I have become a Clemson football fan in recent years. Great leaders with great character will win in the game of life and that message will transfer to the kids around them. :thumbsup:

I agree. I say give the home state a high priority, but dont resrict yourself.

If USC was the only university in the state, and there were no serious colleges in neighboring states, then I would say it could do fine. But you have to face reality. I like the idea of home state athletics, but you need to do what is best for the program too.

I agree with the article. We should get the best academic and athletic talent we can find, no matter where it's located. I especially agree with the writer on the subject of New Jersey. Lot's of great students and football players reside there and many of them would love USC.

This is why Rutgers Football has been horrendous historically speaking. Nearly all of jerseys best talent go out of state!

At least they went to a bowl game for the first time i think in 25 years so its a start for Schiano; four years after being hired as head coach.

since several top 10 players go out of state every year. Clemson and USC are forced to look out of state if they want top tier talent. Typically speaking the state of SC puts out about 20-25 good Div. I players a year. 10 usually go out of state and that leaves 15 or so for USC and Clemson to split. Clemson typically does well in GA and northern FL. While SC can pull a player or 2 from NC normally.

Well, one of them (Clemson) consistently defeats USC in football, and another (Furman) swept USC in baseball last year. ;)

Furman is consistantly ranked in the top 5 among division 1AA football teams. They could easily compete in some of the 1A conferences. We'll see how they do next year against UNC. They slaughtered UNC a few years ago.

Archived