Investing in intelligence now politically popular

stjoe

I wanted to get this board all fired up by posting this....

http://www.tdo.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?A.../602130321/1010

Wetherell is frustrated that city and county leaders are sympathetic but have yet to step up to the plate and offer money to FSU, FAMU or TCC to fuel recruitment of top professors and programs.

From proposed medical schools at University of Central Florida and Florida International University to FSU's new health-clinic and medical-training facility in rural Immokalee, local donors - public and private - are becoming vital to universities' abilities to navigate in the marketplace.

"It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the the community has to come to the table with dollars, not just good wishes," Wetherell said.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This goes along the same lines as the comments TK gave to my real estate class the other day. He has a valid point in many respects, but its hard to respect his approach. I'd expect more diplomacy from a Florida State University President.

What do you expect from an aging-jock Community College Prez. This is what I spout off about all the time. for a man w/out vision T.K. sometimes has some good ideas, but it's always in his delivery that burns my buns. Hey T.K...you always get more w/sugar not salt or in your case vinegar.

What do you expect from an aging-jock Community College Prez. This is what I spout off about all the time. for a man w/out vision T.K. sometimes has some good ideas, but it's always in his delivery that burns my buns. Hey T.K...you always get more w/sugar not salt or in your case vinegar.

regardless of whether you agree with t.k.

I liked the Bow Ties also! :D

I'll work on sweetening my attitude toward TK for the better good of the community. I'd like to get involved with BOTH schools to offer suggestions and ideas for ways they can help visually improve their piece of the community. To add to the wonderful list of things you'd like to see improved, Gibson, I'd also I like to see them work on getting Pensacola between the Civic Center and Doak cleaned up. I'd also be curious in an estimate of how much it would cost to bury powerlines downtown.

I liked the Bow Ties also! :D

I'll work on sweetening my attitude toward TK for the better good of the community. I'd like to get involved with BOTH schools to offer suggestions and ideas for ways they can help visually improve their piece of the community. To add to the wonderful list of things you'd like to see improved, Gibson, I'd also I like to see them work on getting Pensacola between the Civic Center and Doak cleaned up. I'd also be curious in an estimate of how much it would cost to bury powerlines downtown.

i believe that is part of f.s.u.

Pensicola! but the horrible roadways is awsome for biking!!!!

I like the residentials that were constructed. I think urbanizing that area as a apartment style housing geared to the college kids is the best thing. They can walk to games and Gianes street, parents can stay close by when visiting at our soon to be more choices to stay in the area. Plus, getting more people in the area will make it safer, its kinda scary now.

In terms of property acquision goes.... I'm thinking about the land that lies along College where the greeks used to live... I know some of it is on the market for sale... but it would sure be nice if the owners would donate that land to the university out of the kindness of their hearts, OR atleast sell it to the university at a discount. I wonder if the university has attempted to write to the owners to request an exchange.

Pensacola Street is such a critical area to clean up... we should have incorporated it into the Gaines Street Plan.

Archived