Blizzard 06 (Photos)

lammius

Here are some photos I took from my town, Highland Park.

From my apartment I saw lots of digging out going on.

129296929.jpg

129296927.jpg

The fire escape.

129296926.jpg

Down on the street. This is 5th Ave (a.k.a. Ave of the Owls [btw, i've never seen an owl on this street])

129296925.jpg

129296924.jpg

Now it was MY turn to start shoveling.

129297627.jpg

And I had a bit of help from some people who wanted a free ride to the train station

129296922.jpg

Mission accomplished.

129296921.jpg

Driving around town...

129296920.jpg

129296919.jpg

129296916.jpg

129296912.jpg

129296902.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Highland Park plowed way better than New Brunswick. New Brunswick cant plow to the save their lives and EVERYONE parks along the snow emergency streets.

Great photos btw and i would of snapped some photos around NB driving down to Jersey Ave, Joyce Kilmer, Livingston and Sandford but then you gotta watch out for 30,000 things happening at once. The pics would of been really something to see like by late spring and think "wow, that happend like 3 months ago? "

Here in Rhode Island this 'blizzard' wasn't really a big deal. Yesterday travel of all forms ground to a halt and it was extremely windy and snowing hard. We ended up with 15 inches or something, I'm not really sure. But this morning, that had compacted to about 4-5 inches. The streets were pretty well clear. No big deal up here really.

The Cape had some coastal flooding at high tide, but that's pretty normal every winter. Watching CNN today you would have thought this was Katrina II.

Archived