Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sleepy

New Midtown infill in Memphis

4 posts in this topic

Supposed to be right next to the Sears Tower, with 13 single family homes and 17 townhouses, all done up in a midtown style. I believe the article says that the people involved are some of the same who did the infill on the I-40 row. If so, they really did a good job. It's hard to tell what's 100 yrs. old and what's new.

BTW--the group that was proposing to redevelop the Sears Tower was supposed to go before the planning commission last month. Apparently, they didn't, or I think I would've read about it.

http://memphis.bizjournals.com/memphis/sto.../13/story1.html

Thanks for the article. Crosstown can boom with the jobs that'll come to the med district. Having a light rail line nearby doesn't hurt either.

Thanks for the article. Crosstown can boom with the jobs that'll come to the med district. Having a light rail line nearby doesn't hurt either.

I hope so. I remember when that area was really vibrant with Sears open and the Crosstown Theater showing first-run movies.

I was hoping that that local vietnamese merchants in the area would band together and start marketing it as a Little Saigon. It could be a tourist and entertainment/lunch destination just like many cities' chinatown area.

Instead it looks like auto parts stores love the area. That article also mentioned something about a dollar store? Is there really a need for any more of those in Memphis?