Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grasscat

CINCINNATI: Queensgate (Part I)

7 posts in this topic

I recently found these photos hanging around on my hard drive. Most of them were taken in January. I thought I

OH those are great pictures I love all those historic brick buildings

Thank you!

I think I've said before to you that I like old buildings and rarely like anything built since 1950. I totally dig old factories, and luckily we have a ton of those that still survive around here.

I would've like to see what the area looked like before it was redeveloped, but I was born in 1973 and by the time I was old enough to care all the stuff was long gone. I've seen aerials of the West End from the 1930s and it makes me sick what was done. But, it was part of the city planning "thinking" of the time.

P.S> Brighton used to be the second downtown--like the 2nd most heavily-traveled commercial district in the city. Cumminsville (Northside) was 3rd. Then they built I-75 and killed the neighborhood forever.

Thanks for the tour, now it's off to view part II!

btw- I'm very interested in historic industrial structures also. I'm lucky to live in an area that was very active during the industrial revolution.

Great tour!

I like historic industrial structures too....and Detroit has lots of them. I just wish they'd convert them into lofts instead of tearing them down.

Me too, me too! I love industrial buildings. We have great old mill buildings here in Rhode Island. We just don't build anything like that anymore.