Hello San Antonio

torgo

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey San Antonio! I am coming to visit you on the 21st of April. If you are feeling generous, you could clue me in to the best eateries downtown so I am well-prepared. :D Thanks in advance.

For a quick eat, go to Jerry's Hot Dogs off of Commerce St.

If you're looking for some tasty coffe, Espuma in Southtown, Sip on Houston St., as well as Seattle's Best on Houston St.

Deli style, Big Kahuna in Midtown and WD Deli in Midtown are my favorites. Also, Madhatters on Beauregard St.

For some really good mexican food, I'd recommend Pico De Gallo in the Westend of downtown (just west of 35) next to Market Square. Also, China Latina in Southtown. And Acenar on Houston St. is not a bad choice either.

For a good streak or good hamburger... Little Rhein Steak House on Alamo St., Palm off Houston St., Bohanan's off Houston St., and Chris Madrid's in Midtown San Antonio are all good choices.

For something asian, Sushi Zushi on St. Marys St., Yokonyu on Houston St. Hu-nan on South Alamo, Sze-Chuen on Commerce are all good.

For something sea worthy, On the Half Shell Oyster Bar on Navarro St., The Sandbar Fish House & Market on St. Marys St. are really good.

If you're looking to go a lottle more upscale, Biga on the Bank, Zuni, Fig Tree, Zinc, Las Leyendas, and Le R

For a quick eat, go to Jerry's Hot Dogs off of Commerce St.

If you're looking for some tasty coffe, Espuma in Southtown, Sip on Houston St., as well as Seattle's Best on Houston St.

Deli style, Big Kahuna in Midtown and WD Deli in Midtown are my favorites. Also, Madhatters on Beauregard St.

For some really good mexican food, I'd recommend Pico De Gallo in the Westend of downtown (just west of 35) next to Market Square. Also, China Latina in Southtown. And Acenar on Houston St. is not a bad choice either.

For a good streak or good hamburger... Little Rhein Steak House on Alamo St., Palm off Houston St., Bohanan's off Houston St., and Chris Madrid's in Midtown San Antonio are all good choices.

For something asian, Sushi Zushi on St. Marys St., Yokonyu on Houston St. Hu-nan on South Alamo, Sze-Chuen on Commerce are all good.

For something sea worthy, On the Half Shell Oyster Bar on Navarro St., The Sandbar Fish House & Market on St. Marys St. are really good.

If you're looking to go a lottle more upscale, Biga on the Bank, Zuni, Fig Tree, Zinc, Las Leyendas, and Le R

I hear that the "Fiesta" is going on that week too...what is that all about?

Oh, nice. That's a great time to be visiting.

You can check out NIOSA (Night in Old San Antonio) or the Oyster Fest, maybe A Taste of New Orleans, or the other dozens and dozens of things to do during Fiesta.

And are there any breweries around there? Or is there a local beer-of-choice?

Yes, there are a couple of breweries in San Antonio that make beers like Lone Star, Shiner, etc.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived