Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newnan

Most ethnically diverse area in Atlanta area

10 posts in this topic

My vote goes for Gwinnett. If it's not the most racially diverse now it will be. My prediction is that it will continue to be more diverse. This could cause some white flight. In the end, the county will be separated by many ethnic pockets of white, black, hispanic, asian, and so on.

This shouldn't be a surprise - but the highest ratio of Asians is actually near the Georgia Tech campus. 40% of block group 13121001000-2 directly south of 14th St & west of 75/85 is Asian.

The highest ratio of Hispanics is where we they have historically been located - on Buford Hwy at N Druid Hills Rd. The block group there is 81% of Hispanics.

Never really noticed alot of Asians in the surrounding areas around campus. Always seemed mostly white.

The school itself is 68% white, 21% asian(I assume they lump Indians and Asians together), 7% black, 4% other. So 21% of 16,000 is about 3400.

Clarkston. A friend of mine is a teacher there and she says over 80 different languages are spoken there. Obviously, the Buford Highway is pretty ethnically diverse, too.

It has to be Georgia State Campus. We are known for our diversity. Just come down town to our campus. It is some of everybody there. We keep downtown lookin young, hip, and diverse. :thumbsup:

Clarkston. A friend of mine is a teacher there and she says over 80 different languages are spoken there. Obviously, the Buford Highway is pretty ethnically diverse, too.

I know there are a lot of Korean establishments on Buford in the vicinity of the Gwinnett/DeKalb border.

It has to be Georgia State Campus. We are known for our diversity. Just come down town to our campus. It is some of everybody there. We keep downtown lookin young, hip, and diverse. :thumbsup:

agreed