45 Ottawa - Custer office building

Rizzo

Sorry to rehash 45 Ottawa, but whats the general consensus? What do you make of this, is the Custer building Class-A? Or are they refering to a brand new development as a signature tower with class-a...?

He said Macatawa believes it will add a lot of value to the community by consolidating within a

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to rehash 45 Ottawa, but whats the general consensus? What do you make of this, is the Custer building Class-A? Or are they refering to a brand new development as a signature tower with class-a...?

GRBJ Article on Macatawa consolidation...

This whole block south of Louis and East of Monroe is such a mystery...

What issue of the GRBJ did that quote come from?

• 3 weeks later...

Last night I met with a once per month group of young biz leaders that we formed five years ago. A friend who co-founded a downtown investment firm called variable concepts told me that Mac was going to tear down the custer building and build an 8 story structure while 50 monroe was going to be around 10 stories. He did confirm the postulate that there are several players with the 50 monroe project. I just hope he is wrong about the heights. we need more height downtown, not more density.

Last night I met with a once per month group of young biz leaders that we formed five years ago. A friend who co-founded a downtown investment firm called variable concepts told me that Mac was going to tear down the custer building and build an 8 story structure while 50 monroe was going to be around 10 stories. He did confirm the postulate that there are several players with the 50 monroe project. I just hope he is wrong about the heights. we need more height downtown, not more density.

This would be more than just a little disappointing. Density is great, but we are going to run out of space to build someday. We will then be stuck with short little buildings that do nothing to make downtown stand out from the rest of the city.

But then again, it's easy for me to complain when it isn't my money going into this. :blush:

I am not going to complain about a new ten story building with new tenants. Its better than what we have now. But I agree...someday we need to build something taller than 12 stories. Fifty isn't realistic, IMO. But, 20 would be a good start. Not that I would be opposed to 50. :D

I am not going to complain about a new ten story building with new tenants. Its better than what we have now. But I agree...someday we need to build something taller than 12 stories. Fifty isn't realistic, IMO. But, 20 would be a good start. Not that I would be opposed to 50. :D

I would like to see 18 or higher. My freind talks to a lot of people, but i hope that he is not that much "in the know" on this one

Yikes!

I did not realize that Variable Concepts was located in the 50 Monroe building, Suite 620. Even though he and his cousin own the firm, i still hope that he may not know the exact plans. I may have to push him harder.

I'm kind of depressed that we aren't seeing boardroom antics. I'd love for there to be some kind of one up game...

Boardroom antics aside, it appears that there may be some "due diligence" going on in the parking lot.

At lease most folks don't do soil borings without a good reason.

Archived