UNCG Students' Mail Stolen

DigitalSky

This really makes me angry because now it makes me think about all the mail that I've probably lost... whether it'd be cards, gift cetficiates, CHECKS, things i was expecting from people but never got. The saddest part is that it took THREE years for this investigation to come to this. At least it's over.

http://www.wfmynews2.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=57674

Greensboro, NC - The University of North Carolina at Greensboro Police Department and US Postal inspectors say they've uncovered a string of thefts from the campus mailroom.

According to a news release from the university, officers investigated and identified several suspects accused of stealing birthday, Christmas and graduation cards containing cash, gift certificates or checks.

The University Police department says they've received sporadic complaints about the theft of mail over the past three years. But it was only recently that new information revealed at least three suspects.

Julius Peter Conner, Leshay Allen Cross and Tristane Tyrelle Wilson have all been arrested on several counts of Larceny by Employee, False Pretense, Possess Stolen Property, and Aiding & Abetting in the theft of mail.

All three suspects are employees of the UNCG mailroom and are accused of stealing the mail while at work.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This really makes me angry because now it makes me think about all the mail that I've probably lost... whether it'd be cards, gift cetficiates, CHECKS, things i was expecting from people but never got. The saddest part is that it took THREE years for this investigation to come to this. At least it's over.

http://www.wfmynews2.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=57674

I am sorry cantnot. I hope you reclaim your cards and mail (if stolen). Was it students of UNCG involved in this?

Archived