Do you prefer VA or NC?

urbanvb

Which do you prefer, NC or VA?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Which state do you prefer and please specify why

• North Carolina
    • Virginia

I chose North Carolina. The beaches are nice. (Myrtle included because everytime i travel there i see more people from NC then SC or any other bordering state)

That's as retarted as saying that Charlotte should be included into SC or that NYC should be apart of NJ. I mean let SC be in SC. Okay I know it's not literal but still?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's as retarted as saying that Charlotte should be included into SC or that NYC should be apart of NJ. I mean let SC be in SC. Okay I know it's not literal but still?

Proximity to other places can be a deciding factor though. VA's proximity to DC works in its favor, just like NC's proximity to Myrtle Beach can work in its favor.

I agree

Kinda like this too:

Harrisonburg, PA / Harrisburg, VA

Fredericksburg, MD / Frederick, VA

NC wins for recreation, in my humble opinion. Virginia is a bit more urban, but not enough to matter.

Shenandoah and Charlottesville are nice, but Asheville and the Smokies are nicer. Wilmington and Ocracoke are great beach spots, and we can't forget Jockey's Ridge, the Outer Banks, and the capes.

I was joking about there being more North Carolinians but I was adding Myrtle Beach as a plus to NC because everyone knows being in close proximity sometimes enhances an area. So having North Carolina beaches plus Myrtle Beach near the state border is only a plus. Loudoun benefits from being near Washington D.C. right? So that makes that area more attractive. I think by joking alot of people who know what I am talking about can relate to there being an extremly high number of North Carolinians vacationing in Myrtle Beach with seeming sometimes to be more than any other state even S.C. eventhough we all know this isn't true. I think you could have worded your post better than saying that it is retarded. Thank you.

It' has to be VA hands down. You guys don't see it because you are NC basis. If you want to talk about history, we got it. What does NC have over Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown, Richmond? More historic Downtown in Norfolk and Richmond. Newport News park hands down one of the best city parks (if not the best) on this side of the MS. VA beach I guess doesn't matter? What does NC have over Bush Gardens or Kings dominion.....Carolina Crossroads? I like NC. Having spent many summers down there in Greensboro and Charlotte which I think are great cities, but I just like VA better. I haven't even mentioned Nova. After all Virginia for lovers.

• 2 weeks later...

It' has to be VA hands down. You guys don't see it because you are NC basis. If you want to talk about history, we got it. What does NC have over Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown, Richmond? More historic Downtown in Norfolk and Richmond. Newport News park hands down one of the best city parks (if not the best) on this side of the MS. VA beach I guess doesn't matter? What does NC have over Bush Gardens or Kings dominion.....Carolina Crossroads? I like NC. Having spent many summers down there in Greensboro and Charlotte which I think are great cities, but I just like VA better. I haven't even mentioned Nova. After all Virginia for lovers.

I am North Carolinian born and raised, but I prefer Virginia because of its cities. Most of NC's cities are pretty dull; including Charlotte. There's too much sprawl and traffic with nowhere to go. Virginia's cities are unique because of their location to natural areas. Nothing beats Richmond's skyline, especially at night. And Norfolk-VA Beach-Hampton Area, sprawling too, is beautiful with its abundance of water.

It wasn't very hard for me at all. Having lived in both places, I think they are the "best" states in the South for their physical diversity and the diversity of their cities. However, IMHO North Carolina's mountains hands-down are the best in the South and NC beaches are at least the second best (after Florida).

I'm just curious but if Virginia's beaches are so great why are the Outer Banks swamped with Virginians? Almost no state in the Union can match the "historic significance" of Virginia, but like we non-Virginians like to say, "How many Virginians does it take to change a lightbulb?" Answer: 3 - one to change the bulb and two to talk about how great the old one was...

It wasn't very hard for me at all. Having lived in both places, I think they are the "best" states in the South for their physical diversity and the diversity of their cities. However, IMHO North Carolina's mountains hands-down are the best in the South and NC beaches are at least the second best (after Florida).

I'm just curious but if Virginia's beaches are so great why are the Outer Banks swamped with Virginians? Almost no state in the Union can match the "historic significance" of Virginia, but like we non-Virginians like to say, "How many Virginians does it take to change a lightbulb?" Answer: 3 - one to change the bulb and two to talk about how great the old one was...

Virginians like to mix the old with the new. Just because we try to preserve our past, doesnt mean we arent into whats coming up in the future cityscape of Virginia.

I loved the Outer Banks when I went for the first (and only) time three years ago. It's just simply beautiful geography. I'm sure the Eastern Shore is just as beautiful... one day I'll go out there... but I'm kind of afraid of the Chesapeake Bridge Tunnel. :blush:

And that was a nice joke... we love our old light bulbs... they don't make 'em like they used to.

"How many Virginians does it take to change a lightbulb?" Answer: 3 - one to change the bulb and two to talk about how great the old one was...

We do like to keep our history. Being from Philly I'm sure you can sympathise. Let's not start making disparaging remarks about states :angry:

I never said the beaches in VA were better! I stated that, I guess VA beach (as in Virginia Beach the city) doesn't matter. Ok I see you can't response to my points with out making jokes. NC Mountains better? You most need some help with your sight. Maybe it's that population in the air in Philly that has eyes messed up.

I voted Va... It's part of the nations capital metro.One of the biggest metro in the United States.Va also has one of the most popular beaches on the east coast.Va also provides a big city feel especially Alexandria,Woodbridge,Dale City etc....Something North Carolina has yet to offer.Va also has numerous mid size cities Char,Newport News,Richmond,Hampton etc. Pound for ponund Va. wins

:huh: No offense to North Carolina but your like our little sister. When you take NOVA, Richmond, Newport News, Hampton, Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Portsmouth, Charlottesville, Roanoke, (shall I go on?) there is no comparison. We have our rich history where this country got it's start! Let's all get a grip!

:huh: No offense to North Carolina but your like our little sister. When you take NOVA, Richmond, Newport News, Hampton, Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Portsmouth, Charlottesville, Roanoke, (shall I go on?) there is no comparison. We have our rich history where this country got it's start! Let's all get a grip!

I think a got a grip...lets see history...I think all of you need to thank NC for that...I lived in Hampton Roads and it is nice but really Hampton in a city comparison I'll put High Point on it...there is no equal to Asheville and you guys are still trying to play catch up to the RTP. NOVA and Charlotte are a push. Big sister no way especially when NC outpopulates Va. I'd say more like twins but hey don't hate emulate!!!! :thumbsup:

Archived