Which vehicle would you want to have?

cityboi

Which vehicle would want to have?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which vehicle would you want to have?

• Mercedes S600
    • Chrysler 300M
    • Hummer
    • BMW 750
    • Jaguar XJ8 Super V8
    • Mini Cooper
    • Cadillac Escalade
    • Lincoln Navigator
    • Ford Focus
    • BMW X5

At 270-280 it would probably fly, I seriously doubt the Veyron could handle like an F1, as the F1 is a Le Mans racer adapted to the road. I like the top speed of the Veyron (and the 1001hp), but my favorite fast car is still an F1 GTR.

People were saying the the F1's back end was too twitchy. BTW have you seen this video before?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Audi is owned by VW?

As somebody already said, yes, that's correct! VW began acquisition of Auto Union in 1964 and completed it in 1966. VW also owns in addition to Audi; Bentley, Lamborghini, Seat, Skoda, and Bugatti. Quite the automotive empire!!

As somebody already said, yes, that's correct! VW began acquisition of Auto Union in 1964 and completed it in 1966. VW also owns in addition to Audi; Bentley, Lamborghini, Seat, Skoda, and Bugatti. Quite the automotive empire!!

This is what I know it as. The whole company is called Volkswagen Group, or VW AG and under VWAG are two divisions, VW, and Audi and under VW lies VW, Bugatti, Bently and some other brands, and under Audi, lies Audi, Lamborghini and some other brands. Porsche is not owned by VW but the two companies are very close and share alot of the same stuff. For insance the VW toureg is based off the Porsche Cheyenne or how ever you spell that. And I believe VW bought audi to be VW's performance division, which is why audi's are rather sporty. I know the VW passat and the Audi A4 share the same base. I'm assuming the VW pheaton and the audi S8 share the same base but im most likely wrong.

Yes, it's a common misconception that VW owns Porsche, they do not. Some of their models do indeed share a significant number of parts, particularly 924 and 944, and even bear the VW/Audi logos, so I can understand the misconception. I think you're right in that Phaeton and A8 share the same platform. (Phaeton incidentally has been discontinued, at least for U.S. due to poor sales - nice cars though!! But I;d rather have the A8 for the price....)

Much of the confusion between VW and Porsche comes from the fact that both were created by the same party, Dr. Ferdinand Porsche. During the Nazi regime, Hitler commissioned Porsche to come up with a car for the German masses in the same way that Ford did for America, and the VW air cooled Beetle was born. (one of the most successful cars in all of history). In post war West Germany, Porsche founded his own company, Porsche but it was financed by royalities from post-war VW who had hired Porsche as a design consultant. The two companies have had close ties for a long time because of this. It is interesting that many earlier Porsche vehicle shared many design elements of the VW line at the time. Namely rear mounted air-cooled flat engines. Today's air cooled Porsches are direct descendants of these early VWs.

America is just not producing good qaulity cars like they use to. For economy cars people are buying Japanese cars and for the high end cars people are buying Europeans vehicles. I think Toyota is suppose to becoming the world's largest car manufactor in the world in a few years or so.

These are really nice my mother just bought one of these babies last week, Black 2006 model with 19 inch chrome wheels. The interior of her car is Ivory with Burl Walnut veneer wood paneling and black trim. The floor is black and the floor mats are made of lambs wool. Just one set of those mats are around $800 bucks! They only made about 120 of the Super V8s worldwide. My mother wanted white but they didnt have any more white Super V8s so she got black. I'm glad she did because it looks nice with the chrome wheels and trim. I'm happy for her because she always wanted a Jaguar. Watching dvd movies in the back seat is pretty cool. Now I just need a Playstation 2 power adapter. It packs 400 horse power and goes from 0-60 in 5 seconds. Its a performance sports car with the body of a luxury car. The Super V8 is really a combination of the lesser expensive models such as the Vanden Plas, XJR and reguar XJ8. The Super V8 has quite abit more kick then those models as well. It has cool features such as power rear blinds, heated seats for the front and back, 4 zone climate control and Satelitte radio. Navigational system and the screens in the head rest are stadard features with this car and it has smart cruise control. when you have it set on crusie control and you come up behind someone, the car slows down automatically and keeps a certain distance behind the car. My mother let me drive it once and let me tell you, I wish it was mine. That car takes off when you barely put your foot on the gas. One thing I found out very quicky is that you get a whole lot of stares and people complimemting you on what nice car you have. The car even got the attention of a squirell that was crossing the road when I was driving. He just stopped right in the midle of the road and stared. He didnt even care if he got hit or not LOL! One thing I like about Jaguar is that they have a distictive look when all the other cars are begining to look alike. Its getting to the point when you can barely tell the difference between a Lexus and a Mercedes-Benz. But The XJ Super V8 really is a bargain when you consider that you are getting Rolls Royce and Bentley Luxury for a third of the cost of what you'd pay for one of the cars. The MSRP for a Bentley is around $300,000. And the Super V8 is a half a second faster than the Bentley Arnage T. I was actually shocked that there is a Bentley Dealership in High Point, NC. Its the only one in the Carolinas its not like there are alot of people in the Triad area that can afford a $300,000 automobile. Then there is a dealership in Greensboro that sells all kinds of exotic cars such as Massarati (Foreign Cars Italia).

Jaugar XJ Super V8 (Jaguar's flagship sedan)

xj8superv8.jpg

2005_Jaguar_XJ_SuperV8_inpick.jpg

2005_Jaguar_XJ_SuperV8_inpick2.jpg

2005_Jaguar_XJ_SuperV8_exfrdrvr342.jpg

2005_Jaguar_XJ_SuperV8_exrrdrvr34.jpg

2005_Jaguar_XJ_SuperV8_exrrpass34.jpg

21_xjsprv8_cabin_gal.jpg

models_pricing_2D4A0984-11C5-4348-BE4C-71EC831CDFAC_462x669.jpg

i had to pick the mini cooper... it's the closest to what i like (and i had also considered buying one... but only the cooper s).

in the end, i wanted something bigger with AWD... and there's only one company to go with for that... SUBARU!!

i don't think i'll ever own another, except maybe toyota... they're tanks.

yup BMW made motorcylce and planes long before they made cars. Im trying to keep my 318ti up. They dont make the BMW 318ti hatchbacks any more and you dont see alot of them on the road. I figure over time the value of it will go up if I continue to keep it up.

Nice! Disappointingly, almost every 318ti I see these days looks like crap; dull paint, dents, and cheap aftermarket chrome wheels.

I'm a sucker for hatchbacks. I will never understand why Americans hate them so much.

Nice! Disappointingly, almost every 318ti I see these days looks like crap; dull paint, dents, and cheap aftermarket chrome wheels.

I'm a sucker for hatchbacks. I will never understand why Americans hate them so much.

hatchbacks in general are extremely popular in Europe, Amereicans just havent taken to them as well. The most popular hatchbacks in the US are probabally SAAB and Ford Focus. I see more of those than anything else. The great thing about hatchbacks is that you can fold the rear seats down and make room for cargo space.

I know a lot of people don't like American but I'm a mustang guy. I just got an 06 and love it. My next one will be a gt. An import with that much power would cost a good amount more.

Nothing against japanese cars..they'll last a long time but I find them aesthetically boring. I do like the nissan 350 z though.

the looks of the japanese cars might not be all that great (although i'm a big fan of subarus and their look), but toyota is probably the leader in innovation when it comes to automobiles. that's the biggest reason to support them in my opinion. that and their cars last forever.

No pickups on this poll?! Whats the deal?

I need a truck and I'm not spending more than $10k. Anybody have any suggestions? I definitely want an extended cab but no back seat. And no F-series for me thanks!

Archived