Which vehicle would you want to have?

cityboi

Which vehicle would want to have?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which vehicle would you want to have?

• Mercedes S600
    • Chrysler 300M
    • Hummer
    • BMW 750
    • Jaguar XJ8 Super V8
    • Mini Cooper
    • Cadillac Escalade
    • Lincoln Navigator
    • Ford Focus
    • BMW X5

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is something to be said for American muscle, gotta admire it. Not an American car fan, but I'd love to have a classic Camaro.

I don't typically fancy Japanese cars either, but I do like the Nissan Skyline.

yes skyline is awesome. I think as far as Japanese nissan has gone in a good direction with styling. Before my first mustang I drove a 240 sx. Gotta love the handling.

I'd have to say my dream car would be eleanor from gone in 60 seconds

2624.jpg

Cadillac 16 anyone? :wub: Too bad its still in its concept phase. :shades:

The Cadillac 16 is a beautiful car. I saw it at the Detroit Auto Show in 2003 which was the same year the Maybach and the new Rolls-Royce debuted. I thought the 16 was the nicest of the three - too bad GM doesn't have the guts to build it.

Otherwise, the Audi A8 and the new S8 tops my list of current high-end luxury sports sedans. I'm and Audi and Saab guy, but since GM seems determined to undermine Saab, I'd have to go with the whole Audi line from top to bottom as the best overall line of cars on the road today. As for Saab, I like the 9-3 and 9-5, but the Saabaru and the GM SUV with the Saab badge on the grille is pathetic.

The Cadillac 16 is a beautiful car. I saw it at the Detroit Auto Show in 2003 which was the same year the Maybach and the new Rolls-Royce debuted. I thought the 16 was the nicest of the three - too bad GM doesn't have the guts to build it.

Otherwise, the Audi A8 and the new S8 tops my list of current high-end luxury sports sedans. I'm and Audi and Saab guy, but since GM seems determined to undermine Saab, I'd have to go with the whole Audi line from top to bottom as the best overall line of cars on the road today. As for Saab, I like the 9-3 and 9-5, but the Saabaru and the GM SUV with the Saab badge on the grille is pathetic.

the 9-2x is probably the nicest of the saabs... of course it's nothing compared to the actual WRX or STI.

GM had less to do with the 9-2x than with the other saabs. luckily for me, GM sold their shares of fuji heavy industries (subaru's parent company). hopefully the good looks will come back now.

i disagree on the audi's being the best overall line of cars on the road. they lack the reliability of toyota and honda. they might be fun cars to own and do have their niche, but overall, not the best.

Thanks. those Fords are a 75 XLT F100 and a 73 Ford LTD Brougham. They take good care of their cars but yea I love the Jag. They only made 140 of the Super V8s so its a pretty unique car. AS a matter a fact, they dont even have these cars on the lots of a vast majority of Jaguar Dealerships. They have to be shipped from dealerships in Beverly Hills and Miami. But Ford owns Jaguar now so in a way its another Ford for my parents. My Parents love Fords and they finally went out and got an import. I guess you could say they sold out.

here are some more I took. I also took some of the loaner car (X Type)that was given to my mother while hers was getting detailed at the dealer.

I like the x type but it was small compared to the XJ Super V8 and had far less amenities.

jag14.jpg

jag15.jpg

jag16.jpg

jag17.jpg

jag18.jpg

jag19.jpg

X Type

xtype1.jpg

xtype2.jpg

xtype3.jpg

xtype4.jpg

xtype5.jpg

xtype6.jpg

xtype7.jpg

xtype8.jpg

xtype9.jpg

Thanks. those Fords are a 75 XLT F100 and a 73 Ford LTD Brougham. They take good care of their cars but yea I love the Jag. They only made 140 of the Super V8s so its a pretty unique car. AS a matter a fact, they dont even have these cars on the lots of a vast majority of Jaguar Dealerships. They have to be shipped from dealerships in Beverly Hills and Miami. But Ford owns Jaguar now so in a way its another Ford for my parents. My Parents love Fords and they finally went out and got an import. I guess you could say they sold out.

Are you sure they have to ship them to dealerships from Miami and Beverly Hills. There are at least three of them at Hennessey Jaguar Buckhead here in Atlanta. As a matter of fact they even have the Super V8 Portfolio on the showroom floor.

BTW, I love the Jaguar Super V8. I'm a Mercedes girl myself....have been since 1976...but Jaguar really did well with the redesign this time.

i meant most of them come from those two dealerships but im sure there are others that have them. The Super V8 is a little different from the Super V8 Portfolio. The Portfolio is basically a production car of a concept that was present a few years back. The biggest differences between the two cars is that the Portfolio has verticle chrome vents on the sides of the car and there are some interior styling difference. The XJ Super V8 has a base price of $90,000 and The XJ Super V8 Portfolio is around $115,000. But they are basically the same car with the same amount of power. Its 400 horse power and goes from 0-60 in about 5 seconds.

Jaguar looks better than it ever has and ever since Ford took over, the reliabilty of Jaguars have improved greatly. I like Mercedes too. I loike the S-Class.

i meant most of them come from those two dealerships but im sure there are others that have them. The Super V8 is a little different from the Super V8 Portfolio. The Portfolio is basically a production car of a concept that was present a few years back. The biggest differences between the two cars is that the Portfolio has verticle chrome vents on the sides of the car and there are some interior styling difference. The XJ Super V8 has a base price of $90,000 and The XJ Super V8 Portfolio is around $115,000. But they are basically the same car with the same amount of power. Its 400 horse power and goes from 0-60 in about 5 seconds.

Jaguar looks better than it ever has and ever since Ford took over, the reliabilty of Jaguars have improved greatly. I like Mercedes too. I loike the S-Class.

Right, lol...........I am well aware of the differences between the two. However the Portfolio is alot more exclusive than the Super V8. My whole point was that I don't think either car is so exclusive that it comes from specific dealerships. I mean even Phantoms can be had in most cities with Rolls Royce dealerships.

much if it has to do with the cars perception from the past. They really werent reliable cars. The Super V8 is rare but its not exclusive you are just not going to see it at most dealerships excepts for large market areas such as Buckhead Atlanta or even areas such as Hilton head, SC. There is a Bentley Dealership less than 20 miles from where I live so no car is exclusive except for those million dollar sports cars where they only make like 10 a year. But sales of Jaguars have been slow due to past perceptions of reliablity and the price tag. Jaguar had to make entry level models such as the x type to get more sales but I like a BMW 3 series over a Jaguar Xtype.

hehe, even certain Rolls Royce are more exclusive than others.

To cityboi: Jaguars are still gettin' bad press from all corners of the media. They look good to me but they supposedly have some severe problems for their price class.

That's sooooooooooooo not the case anymore. In fact they are one of the higher ranked premium luxury brands on some JD Powers list.

hmm. I was just reading in the WSJ and consumer reports about their poor relibability. I haven't seen the JD Power list.

Does Jaguar really compete with Bentley, Maybach, and Rolls Royce? I thought the Jaguar was more in line with Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, Audi(A8).

Jaguar is actually in between the class of Bentlly/Rolls Royce and Mercedes/BMW but the company is striving to put the car in the class of Bentley and Rolls Royce. I dont see how they can really do that when you can buy an entry level Jaguar for under $40,000. I havent seen any $40,000 entry level Bentleys lately.

hmm. I was just reading in the WSJ and consumer reports about their poor relibability. I haven't seen the JD Power list.

Does Jaguar really compete with Bentley, Maybach, and Rolls Royce? I thought the Jaguar was more in line with Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, Audi(A8).

Youa re correct Moonshield......there is no in between...either you are super premium or you are premium. There is no in between.

Jaguar is actually in between the class of Bentlly/Rolls Royce and Mercedes/BMW but the company is striving to put the car in the class of Bentley and Rolls Royce. I dont see how they can really do that when you can buy an entry level Jaguar for under $40,000. I havent seen any $40,000 entry level Bentleys lately.

As long as the are models below $100,000, Jaguar will never be a super premium line. Besides, I thought Ford was trying to have more of a mass appeal with Jaguar...hence the horrible attempt with the X Type. Aston Martin is Ford's foray into the super premium class.....

Youa re correct Moonshield......there is no in between...either you are super premium or you are premium. There is no in between.

There are a number of classes. there arent just two. But Jaguar ranks above Mercedes and BMW in terms of prestige, mostly just because of the name and its British heritage. but not above Bentley or Rolls Royce so it does appear it in between the classes.

There are a number of classes. there arent just two. But Jaguar ranks above Mercedes and BMW in terms of prestige, mostly just because of the name and its British heritage. but not above Bentley or Rolls Royce so it does appear it in between the classes.

Okay, I'm going to have to stop the conversation here. Jaguar is not above Mercedes in prestige. Also name the classes if Mercedes is considered premium then what is Jaguar. I'm not talking about compact class and the like. We are focusing on premium and above. Minus the exotics of course.

Motor Trend, Car & Driver, Autoweek and most other esteemed publications always compare the S-Class, LS430, 7 Series, XJ and A8 together. I have never heard of Jaguar being above Mercedes in prestige. In fact Jaguar is priced slightly lower than compareably compared models.

You will have to show me proof of you claim. This I will have to see with my own eyes.

but in terms of reliability, Lexus and Cadillac ranked worst than Jaguar.

Again it matters who you read. Consumer's report for instance gives Jaguar a black dot, as it has far below average reliability while they give the Lexus a solid red dot - well above average reliability.

I would like to see the info that claims Jaguar is the top in terms of reliability.

Again it matters who you read. Consumer's report for instance gives Jaguar a black dot, as it has far below average reliability while they give the Lexus a solid red dot - well above average reliability.

I would like to see the info that claims Jaguar is the top in terms of reliability.

Jaguar is not the top with reliabilty but in other published rankings Cadillac and Lexus did rank worse than Jaguar. But that being the case, reliabilty cant be that bad for a Jaguar considering the number of people who buy Cadillacs and Lexus. Also Reliabilty depends on model years as well. A 2006 Lexus may be much more reliable than a 2004 Lexus.

Archived