Which vehicle would you want to have?

cityboi

Which vehicle would want to have?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which vehicle would you want to have?

• Mercedes S600
    • Chrysler 300M
    • Hummer
    • BMW 750
    • Jaguar XJ8 Super V8
    • Mini Cooper
    • Cadillac Escalade
    • Lincoln Navigator
    • Ford Focus
    • BMW X5

Indeed. Jag is not any where near Mercedes IMO. Several Jaguars are built on top of Ford Chassis. For example the S-type is a Ford Taurus. This is certainly way down from what you will find with Mercedes.

I agree about the Ford Tauras because the X type even resembles a Ford Tauras. But it just depends on what models you compare. If You campare the XJ series with the S Class, thats a different story. But all the luxury brands seem to be making cheap models, not just Jaguar. BMW had the compact which had a base price of $21,000 and there is talk of an even cheaper "1 Series" Mercedes also has a compact thats below $30,000. Jaguars least expensive car is around $37,000 which is the X type.

One thing that has improved the reliabilty of Jaguars is that the car is not totally British Built. For example, the Transmission system was built in Germany. We all know German cars are very reliable. I will say that a BMW is more reliable than a Jaguar.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree about the Ford Tauras because the X type even resembles a Ford Tauras. But it just depends on what models you compare. If You campare the XJ series with the S Class, thats a different story. But all the luxury brands seem to be making cheap models, not just Jaguar. BMW had the compact which had a base price of $21,000 and there is talk of an even cheaper "1 Series" Mercedes also has a compact thats below $30,000. Jaguars least expensive car is around $37,000 which is the X type.

One thing that has improved the reliabilty of Jaguars is that the car is not totally British Built. For example, the Transmission system was built in Germany. We all know German cars are very reliable. I will say that a BMW is more reliable than a Jaguar.

mercedes and BMW have the smaller more compact cars, but they're not sold in the US. even audi has the A3 now, which i believe is a hatchback.

gone are the days of gas guzzlers with V8's. people in europe don't drive cars like that, it's mostly an american thing. the small cars are very popular in europe, which is why mercedes, audi, and bmw all make them, but they wouldn't have as big a market for them in the US.

german cars have gone down in reliability. that's a fact, and something that should be known. people hear german car and they think it's the best out there, while it's really not the case anymore. japanese cars are just as, if not more, reliable these days. the only difference is, you don't get the premium cars you can in the german ones, unless you go to lexus, acura, or infinity (acura being the most reliable of them).

of all the german cars, however, bmw does have the best reliability and audi the worst. it's really a shame that VW's reliability went so downhill.

also you can't compare "premium" and non-premium based on their lowest priced car. jaguar, being no longer a british company, has no reason to make lower end cars. mercedes and bmw do because they have huge markets in europe. that's where their smaller cars came out in the first place. and bmw has always had a small car (remember steve urkel and his isetta?). but the top of the line mercedes is far more prestigious than the top of the line jag.

mercedes and BMW have the smaller more compact cars, but they're not sold in the US. even audi has the A3 now, which i believe is a hatchback.

gone are the days of gas guzzlers with V8's. people in europe don't drive cars like that, it's mostly an american thing. the small cars are very popular in europe, which is why mercedes, audi, and bmw all make them, but they wouldn't have as big a market for them in the US.

german cars have gone down in reliability. that's a fact, and something that should be known. people hear german car and they think it's the best out there, while it's really not the case anymore. japanese cars are just as, if not more, reliable these days. the only difference is, you don't get the premium cars you can in the german ones, unless you go to lexus, acura, or infinity (acura being the most reliable of them).

of all the german cars, however, bmw does have the best reliability and audi the worst. it's really a shame that VW's reliability went so downhill.

also you can't compare "premium" and non-premium based on their lowest priced car. jaguar, being no longer a british company, has no reason to make lower end cars. mercedes and bmw do because they have huge markets in europe. that's where their smaller cars came out in the first place. and bmw has always had a small car (remember steve urkel and his isetta?). but the top of the line mercedes is far more prestigious than the top of the line jag.

Im not sure if I would agree. The Super V8 which is Jaguar's top luxury sedan would be more luxurious than the Mercedes S600. It has more amenities including tv screens in the back of the headrests which is standard in a Super V8. Also They made thousands of Mercedes top model where they have only made 140 of the Jaguar XJ Super V8. So the Jaguar is more exclusive. One thing I do like about Jaguars is that they stand out from the crowd where as other luxury brand vehicles are looking more and more alike. Jaguar is the only luxury brand outside of Bentley and Rolls Royce that still has a classic style. Mercedes, BMW and Cadillacs and begining to look more and more sporty.

Archived