Innovation Park/University Park/Southwest Campus

stjoe

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But... If they do win the company over,,.. then basically this is the last project in probaly a year that the city would be able to provide financial incentive to woo new companies to the area.... there just is no extra money with budget cuts and then the State came in and swiped more money.....

Well i dont remember who said this before... who used to say Silly ole rackleff?

hes at it again.

"Leon County Commissioner Bob Rackleff is strongly against the county providing money that may benefit Cypress and Whitacre."

This is money for the proposed Innovation Park new biofacility...

His reasoning is, the COO is an ex felon........

^I just read where he said that too. However based on personal conversations w/him and an email that ended my fiscal support of him, he doesn't believe in giving ANY money to outside companies to locate here. He was against Tuborcor and the TP and Piper deals. While giving monies to a felon may or may not be a wise move, Bob R. is just grandstanding here like he did when the bulldozers came down from heaven to bring us Costco. It wouldn't matter if Cypress was run by priests, nuns and little old church ladies, he still would not give them the money.

Be against something and stick to your original principals Bob, don't hide behind "an easy for the public to swallow" moral issue...........Silly Ole Bob R.

^I just read where he said that too. However based on personal conversations w/him and an email that ended my fiscal support of him, he doesn't believe in giving ANY money to outside companies to locate here. He was against Tuborcor and the TP and Piper deals. While giving monies to a felon may or may not be a wise move, Bob R. is just grandstanding here like he did when the bulldozers came down from heaven to bring us Costco. It wouldn't matter if Cypress was run by priests, nuns and little old church ladies, he still would not give them the money.

Be against something and stick to your original principals Bob, don't hide behind "an easy for the public to swallow" moral issue...........Silly Ole Bob R.

At the COT workshop this Wednesday, April 16th they will be discussing adding the Bio-Mass plant at FSU's SW Campus to their Master Plan.

You can read all about here:

BioMass Plant

Be sure to scroll to the bottom and check out all the attachments.

One a good note, it appears most of the fuel will be brought to the plant via the RR. COT has requested that FSU not use Lipona Road in making deliveries to and from the plant.

After reading through all the materials, I still can't tell when they'd like to start construction of this plant. I do know they plan to talk to the BOG this summer about their plans and want COT's comments and approval before then.

Archived