Valley View site for mall makeover

weill

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This may be old news to you guys but today's Richmond TD says that the Carytown music store called Plan 9 has purchased "certain assets" of Record Exchange stores in Virginia and North Carolina. The Roanoke and Lynchburg stores, says the news story, will be known as Plan 9 when they reopen in a couple of weeks.

This may be old news to you guys but today's Richmond TD says that the Carytown music store called Plan 9 has purchased "certain assets" of Record Exchange stores in Virginia and North Carolina. The Roanoke and Lynchburg stores, says the news story, will be known as Plan 9 when they reopen in a couple of weeks.

Thanks Burt. Yeah, I mentioned it on another thread (forgot which one off the top of my head).

The macy's signs are slowly but surely being exposed at Valley View. They look great.

Speaking of Macy's, I just wanted to let you know that the Grand Opening will take place next saturday September, 9th. All the fun starts at 9:30 in front of the main entrance. We will unveil the Macy's signs, celebrate the National launch of the Macy's Brands, and of course give away lots of prizes. The first 500 customers in the store will receive a $10.00 Macy's gift card. 2 Lucky people will receive a $500.00 Macy's Gift Card, and 1 lucky person will receive a $1000.00 Macy's Gift Card. It really is gonna be a fun day with door prizes, music, food, and fun! Like I said it starts at 9:30 A.M., so get there a little early to get a good spot on the red carpet outside the store! Hope to see everyone there!

• 1 year later...

So it has almost become a joke with this "new" (not sure if it can be called that anymore) District at Valley View. How long have those buildings been vacant. WAY too long in my opinion. Why would any company build new retail leasing without securing tenants to put in there. POOR planning on my part.

I know that the Aveda Spa is to open within the next few weeks, other than that though, do we have any information as what stores will hopefully be filling those vacant spots.

The mall is always negotiating with tenants, but I think everything that's officially coming has signs up.

Inside the mall right now, Build-a-Bear workshop is going in the former space that Bombay occupied and PuppyLove is going near the Verizon Wireless store. I heard outside that a mattress store is going into the District. I suppose it's no use now to even think about something like a Banana Republic going into the new District at Valley View. Even Chico's which I expected to occupy one of the spaces there seems to have dissapeared. I've pretty much given up hope of ever seeing any good stores go in there.

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived