Renaissance Hotel Update

doormanpoet

The General Manager said in a meeting that the new owners nor the hotel have any interest in the future of the James Robertson Apartments. He said the media was misinformed on the subject.

Although he asked me to research the property, that may have been for his own interest and not that of the hotel or the new owners.

There is still a rumor of a boutique hotel interested in the property, but nothing final has or will be announced in the future. Residents are happy with the increased security after the exposure in the City Paper and problems with other public housing buildings.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe there is something I don't know...but why has there been little to no serious talk of rehabbing the James Robertson Apartments? Is it really in SUCH bad shape that it can't be salvaged and turned into some condos or a botique hotel or something? It really is a great structure, and I always hear that people are interested in the property itself, but not the building. Anyone know something I don't?

The General Manager said in a meeting that the new owners nor the hotel have any interest in the future of the James Robertson Apartments. He said the media was misinformed on the subject.

Although he asked me to research the property, that may have been for his own interest and not that of the hotel or the new owners.

There is still a rumor of a boutique hotel interested in the property, but nothing final has or will be announced in the future. Residents are happy with the increased security after the exposure in the City Paper and problems with other public housing buildings.

Doorman, have you heard anymore on City Center II? I understand the problem with it having too small a footprint for class A but what about a hotel there. Isn't the foundation ready to go from the original plan? I would love to see a hotel with a complimentary design to phase I. I've always loved the City Center. As always, thanks for your info.

The second Renaissance tower is based on whether we get a new convention center or not. Nashville hotel occupancy rates hover around 60% to 70% right now. Nashville needs to absorb its current amount of rooms first.

Nashville City Center 2 is dead. Tony G. told us in the forum meet earlier this month that "Richard was happy with the current situation.."

Tony mentioned he was interested in the lot directly across from the Cumberland, but was advised not to pursue it.

Richards NCC2 lot is actually the grassy park next to NCC1 and WOULD NOT involve the buildings on the corner nor the lot operated by Central Parking.

Archived