Icon adds one more level

chris holman

I read the Nashville City Paper today and noticed right behind the front page the Ad for the Icon condo. I was reading it and saw that its now 22 stories instead of 21. I had to read it twice to make sure I read it correctly.

The demand for this condo must be very good. This is the second time thy raised the tower's height.

The taller the better. I'm ready to see the construction crane for this one!!!! :D

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if something like this has been posted before, but this is an email I got from the housing people working on the ICON.

Unfortunately floorplans, pricing and reservation info for the ICON in

> the Gulch won't be available until early March, with contracts

> available the last week in March. I'll add you to my list of folks to

> keep apprised of new developments. We've never seen interest in a

> development so extreme. From my inquiries, I'd expect every unit to sell within days of market release.

> Here's what I can tell you now:

>

> "Bristol Development Group and Nashville Urban Venture announced that

> construction has begun on ICON, the $100 million master-planned,

> 21-story residential and retail tower in The Gulch, the stylish

> Nashville district experiencing an urban renaissance with new

> restaurants, future shops, open plazas and commercial offices.

>

> Located at 12th Avenue South and Division Street, ICON is on a rapid

> 24-month construction schedule. The development is scheduled for

> completion by the end of 2007, and is not subject to a pre-sale

> requirement. The development will feature 24,000 square feet of

> street-level retail and a total 423 residences which will be located

> in a contemporary tower with 216 homes and a mid-rise component

> wrapping the tower with 207 apartments. A portion of the apartment

> homes will adhere to the Metropolitan Development and Housing Agency (MDHA) affordable housing requirements.

>

> Condominium floor plans will include one and two bedroom urban lofts

> with sophisticated design elements including floor-to-ceiling windows,

> private balconies and exposed concrete floors. Residents also will

> enjoy extensive amenities such as an outdoor living space complete

> with a pool, grills and cabanas; a multi-level fitness studio with a

> view of Nashville's skyline, a clubhouse, internet cafes, a concierge

> service and an eight-story integral parking garage. ICON will be

> within walking distance of restaurants, shops and entertainment venues

> frequented by Nashvillians. ICON's location lends itself to easy interstate access as well.

>

> Firm contracts for purchase of the high-rise condo units will begin

> March 2006. Prices at ICON will initially begin under $200,000, with

> the majority available under $300,000.

>

> "We have had more interest in ICON than in any previous project, "said

> Dan Daniel, principal of Bristol Development Group, also the developer

> of Nashville's epic residential communities The Bristol on Broadway,

> which is

> 93 percent sold, and recently released Bristol West End, which is 86

> percent sold in just seven weeks. "ICON is appealing because of the

> panoramic views of downtown through floor-to-ceiling windows, urban

> floor plans and a host of amenities. We're looking forward to offering

> this distinctive product to the marketplace."

>

> "We are delighted to bring such a dynamic residential development to

> The Gulch," added Jay Turner, partner of Nashville Urban Venture. "As

> hundreds of people move into ICON, this in-town neighborhood will be

> the place where a person can live within steps from their office,

> local shops, new restaurants and sports and cultural attractions."

>

> ICON is being constructed on the site of the BellSouth work center

> building and is the fifth Nashville project for Franklin-based Bristol

> Development Group, which has developed residential communities in

> cities throughout the southeast.

>

> Nashville Urban Venture is developing the $400 million Gulch project

> that encompasses approximately 30 acres of land lying west of the CSX

> Railway, and is bordered by the Demonbreun Street viaduct on the

> north, 8th Avenue on the east, I-65 on the west, and Division Street

> on the south. The former industrial area is being reconstructed into a

> vivacious community where Nashvillians can enjoy fine dining, hot

> entertainment spots, one-of-a-kind shopping and landmark businesses.

>

> The ICON design team also includes KA Architects of Cleveland, Ohio,

> and Choate Construction in Atlanta, Georgia."

>

> Please let me know if you have any questions at all!

>

> Best,

If not yet, soon on the ground breaking. I drove through the Gulch on the way home tonight (5:45 p.m.) and the place was packed with people. I can imagine what is going to happen in the next year or so.

Tidbits from my travels. Adelicia looks like a war zone. They're cooking on that one, and you can tell there's something going on across the street where they've mentioned the second tower (future, I guess, not distant, I assume).

There was a core driller in the middle of the thermal site. Hmmmm. Quietly moving along.

Hampton's crane is ready to rise. Looks like the concrete at the base is set up nicely.

I've been looking at Tony's place at the Encore. There's some things going on over there, but I can't put my finger on it. The trailers I bet are for the tower construction...approval will come March 2, the watch out.

Symphony Center is making me feel really fuzzy more every day. I can't wait to see this beauty fully complete.

And, did anybody else see the teaser in the NashvillePost splash page, "Another developer takes crack at empty Roundabout landmark." I find this interesting. Hopefully, someone else will report on this soon. I bet it's the Mandrell site. Sure hope so.

If not yet, soon on the ground breaking. I drove through the Gulch on the way home tonight (5:45 p.m.) and the place was packed with people. I can imagine what is going to happen in the next year or so.

Tidbits from my travels. Adelicia looks like a war zone. They're cooking on that one, and you can tell there's something going on across the street where they've mentioned the second tower (future, I guess, not distant, I assume).

There was a core driller in the middle of the thermal site. Hmmmm. Quietly moving along.

Hampton's crane is ready to rise. Looks like the concrete at the base is set up nicely.

I've been looking at Tony's place at the Encore. There's some things going on over there, but I can't put my finger on it. The trailers I bet are for the tower construction...approval will come March 2, the watch out.

Symphony Center is making me feel really fuzzy more every day. I can't wait to see this beauty fully complete.

And, did anybody else see the teaser in the NashvillePost splash page, "Another developer takes crack at empty Roundabout landmark." I find this interesting. Hopefully, someone else will report on this soon. I bet it's the Mandrell site. Sure hope so.

My thoughts exactly. I, myself, have travelled these areas lately and noticed the same things. It's getting exciting to see things start to happen!!!

This is awesome for the Gulch! I remember driving 12th and 11th avenue everyday thinking "They really could do something with this". And now that they are actually doing something I'm not around to see the progress. :angry: Oh well! Thanks for the updates of whats going on around town. From what I can tell from Big Brother cam, the courthouse square is coming along nicely too. I can't wait for the Adelicia's cam to get up and running. I'm going to go into withdrawals now that Viridian is about finished. :blink:

The Nashville Post article contains some interesting information. I wish I could post it here. Basically, the roundabout Starstruck site, plus the Shoney's property is about to go under contract to The Lionstone Group of Houston. There are no detailed plans. Also, the 12th/Demonbreun site will be developed by the original re-developer of the Demonbreun commercial strip.

Great updates, Dave. Living down in Chattanooga, I can't actually see the things happening often so the updates really help. It would be great to see pics of the Adelicia work.

Archived