Seperation of Church and State? I think not

ShowMeKC

Atop the tallest tower in Washington, at 555.5ft high, there are two words displayed on the cap, however no one can see them. The two words are Laus Deo! In english that means Praise be to God! Also, if you were to climb the steps to the top, you would see numerous prayers from churches/etc... from various locations.

Also (somewhere) is a man's prayer for the nation:

"Almighty God; We make our earnest prayer that Thou wilt keep the United States in Thy holy protection; that Thou wilt incline the hearts of the citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to government; and entertain a brotherly affection

and love for one another and for their fellow citizens of the United States at large."

"And finally that Thou wilt most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that charity, humility, and pacific temper of mind which were the characteristics of the Divine Author of our blessed religion, and without a humble imitation of whose example in these things we can never hope to be a happy nation. Grant our supplication, we beseech Thee through Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen."

-George Washington

Also, the Capitol, Monument, White House, Lincoln Memorial and Jefferson Memorial are all purposely located in the shape of a cross...

If this were proposed today, i doubt it'd be accepted.

Also, most know this, but nothing in Washington D.C. can surpass the monument in height. (not including hills, etc...)

If you want to learn more about it visit here:

http://www.phoenixmasonry.org/masonicmuseu...on_monument.htm

By the way, I don't want any trouble, just thought this reflected skyscrapers and would post it as a fact type thing.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived