Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cotuit

IN PROGRESS: AS220 at the Dreyfuss

97 posts in this topic

AS220 {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} Dreyfuss Hotel Project

v21-AS220-Dreyfuss.jpg

AS220 at the Dreyfuss

I don't know why a thread was never started for this, but I'm starting one now.

Just wanted to note that I saw contractors up on a lift hanging out outside a top floor window. and all the sidewalks around the building were yellow taped this morning. Does this mean work is comencing? I don't know.

Work is indeed commencing this week.

Excellent!

Excellent!

Does that move it from "proposed" to "in progress"?

- Garris

Does that move it from "proposed" to "in progress"?

I need to see hammers. :P Seriously, if AS220 is planning a groundbreaking ceremony, which I would assume they are, I'd switch the status after that.

v21-AS220-Dreyfuss.jpg

AS220 at the Dreyfuss

Just wanted to note that I saw contractors up on a lift hanging out outside a top floor window. and all the sidewalks around the building were yellow taped this morning. Does this mean work is comencing? I don't know.

Historical restoration in the city ?. Seems like a Good move. General observations look like it is kick-off time.

Step back in time ? Awesome plan!

I need to see hammers. :P Seriously, if AS220 is planning a groundbreaking ceremony, which I would assume they are, I'd switch the status after that.

The contractor is in the building protecting the historic features that will be saved. It's amazing how tuned in everyone here seems to be on the comings and goings around the city. The lift that was at the Dreyfus a couple of weeks ago was on site for less than 2 hours to inspect the windows.

Construction (demo) has definitely begun. Stay tuned for the official groundbreaking.

It's amazing how tuned in everyone here seems to be on the comings and goings around the city. The lift that was at the Dreyfus a couple of weeks ago was on site for less than 2 hours to inspect the windows.

One of the advantages of being a pedestrian rather than a driver. If I had been driving by, I probably wouldn't have noticed it.

Everyone be on the lookout for that work to be starting 'this month.' I'm very eager to switch this one to "IN PROGRESS." :D

They have blocked part of the road off and put up a fence. Not sure if this counts.

OK, so this has gotta count. Today I saw scaffolding up and guys with hard hats going in and out!

OK, so this has gotta count. Today I saw scaffolding up and guys with hard hats going in and out!

Hard hats you say, did they have hammers in their hands? Were any of them whistling at attractive women? It's not in-progress until the cat-calls start.

Hard hats you say, did they have hammers in their hands? Were any of them whistling at attractive women? It's not in-progress until the cat-calls start.

We'll have to go over to the Mall, grab Renee Zellweger, and have her walk by.

OK, we'll call it 'IN PROGRESS.'

as220dreyfus-2006-0309-001.jpg

as220dreyfus-2006-0309-002.jpg

Yup, I'd have to say that that sucker is definately "IN PROGRESS". :D But now where will Wheel customers park? :ph34r:

v21-AS220-Dreyfuss.jpg

AS220 at the Dreyfuss

I have heard rumors about a bunch of possibilities for restaurants in the Dreyfuss. Does anyone know if there have been any deals signed?

I have heard rumors about a bunch of possibilities for restaurants in the Dreyfuss. Does anyone know if there have been any deals signed?

I saw some great pictures of inside the dreyfus on art in ruins. It would make for a pretty classy bar if fixed up a little, probably the type that other guy who was looking for good scotch would go to.

http://www.artinruins.com/arch/redevelop/dreyfus/

Wow, the interior of the restaurant is beautiful. It would make a perfect Irish pub. My dad would have a field day there.

Personally, i thought of the Oak Bar in Boston when I saw those pics on AIR. A perfect place for a classy bar to enjoy a nice martini and some jazz...

I was talking to the owner (I think) of Kevin's Smoke Shop across the street when I went to the Providence Geek dinner this week. He told me the plans are to renovate the bar area into a restaurant (he said they were going to preserve the bar in particular) The next two floors were going to be artist's lofts and possible art galleries/retail on the top floor. He said the bar in particular was beautful and "wait to you see it" when they finish renovating it.

I was going to ask if anyone knew AS220s timetable for this, then I decided to take a look at their site for the project. It recently had the start work in Dec. '05 timetable. It now says work to begin March '06 (check) and complete March '07.

Little new info:

afordable artist studios, restaurant, pub, and rathskellar performance space.

$7,100,000.00