IN PROGRESS: AS220 at the Dreyfuss

AS220 {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} Dreyfuss Hotel Project

v21-AS220-Dreyfuss.jpg

AS220 at the Dreyfuss

I don't know why a thread was never started for this, but I'm starting one now.

Just wanted to note that I saw contractors up on a lift hanging out outside a top floor window. and all the sidewalks around the building were yellow taped this morning. Does this mean work is comencing? I don't know.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

v21-AS220-Dreyfuss.jpg

AS220 at the Dreyfuss

Just wanted to note that I saw contractors up on a lift hanging out outside a top floor window. and all the sidewalks around the building were yellow taped this morning. Does this mean work is comencing? I don't know.

Historical restoration in the city ?. Seems like a Good move. General observations look like it is kick-off time.

Step back in time ? Awesome plan!

I need to see hammers. :P Seriously, if AS220 is planning a groundbreaking ceremony, which I would assume they are, I'd switch the status after that.

The contractor is in the building protecting the historic features that will be saved. It's amazing how tuned in everyone here seems to be on the comings and goings around the city. The lift that was at the Dreyfus a couple of weeks ago was on site for less than 2 hours to inspect the windows.

Construction (demo) has definitely begun. Stay tuned for the official groundbreaking.

It's amazing how tuned in everyone here seems to be on the comings and goings around the city. The lift that was at the Dreyfus a couple of weeks ago was on site for less than 2 hours to inspect the windows.

One of the advantages of being a pedestrian rather than a driver. If I had been driving by, I probably wouldn't have noticed it.

http://www.pbn.com/contentmgr/showdetails.php/id/119867

Johnston-based TRAC Builders Inc. has been chosen by AS220/121 Washington Street Ltd. Partnership as the general contractor to transform the former Dreyfus Hotel into affordable live and work studios for artists.

OK, so this has gotta count. Today I saw scaffolding up and guys with hard hats going in and out!

Hard hats you say, did they have hammers in their hands? Were any of them whistling at attractive women? It's not in-progress until the cat-calls start.

Hard hats you say, did they have hammers in their hands? Were any of them whistling at attractive women? It's not in-progress until the cat-calls start.

We'll have to go over to the Mall, grab Renee Zellweger, and have her walk by.

• 1 month later...

v21-AS220-Dreyfuss.jpg

AS220 at the Dreyfuss

I have heard rumors about a bunch of possibilities for restaurants in the Dreyfuss. Does anyone know if there have been any deals signed?

I have heard rumors about a bunch of possibilities for restaurants in the Dreyfuss. Does anyone know if there have been any deals signed?

I saw some great pictures of inside the dreyfus on art in ruins. It would make for a pretty classy bar if fixed up a little, probably the type that other guy who was looking for good scotch would go to.

http://www.artinruins.com/arch/redevelop/dreyfus/

I was talking to the owner (I think) of Kevin's Smoke Shop across the street when I went to the Providence Geek dinner this week. He told me the plans are to renovate the bar area into a restaurant (he said they were going to preserve the bar in particular) The next two floors were going to be artist's lofts and possible art galleries/retail on the top floor. He said the bar in particular was beautful and "wait to you see it" when they finish renovating it.

I was going to ask if anyone knew AS220s timetable for this, then I decided to take a look at their site for the project. It recently had the start work in Dec. '05 timetable. It now says work to begin March '06 (check) and complete March '07.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived