IN PROGRESS: AS220 at the Dreyfuss

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
"Since its founding in 1985, AS220 has evolved into performance-venue-sprite-studio-space-sprite-artist-residence-sprite-restaurant and bar, and has gradually expanded its presence along Empire Street, where it operates gallery space, houses a bar and a taqueria and provides 18 affordable residential and work studios."

What the hell does that mean?

And $470/month to live downtown?! I shoulda been an artist!

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, the slideshow on the site is telling me, "No such photos found." Seems to be broke somehow. Last I heard, Local 121 (121?) was expected to open in June. If it's open early, I'm so there, can't wait to see it!

Last night was opening night. I went there for a couple drinks with some friends. Very very nice place. I was very impressed, and the prices weren't as bad as I was expecting. The bartender was very friendly and eager to tell us about the history of the place. I'll definitely be returning soon.

I didn't know they were already open. That's great. I was looking for a place downtown that was open on Sunday afternoon... Cuban was closed, so was the Tacqueria. We ended up at Trinity. Maybe this weekend I can try "Local 121".

And for anyone who cares, Josh Miller is the owner (Trinity, Hot Club), the restaurant is Local 121 (for locally grown food, and the 121 Washington St. address). The restaurant's interior design was done by Judd Brown Design in Pawtucket, and the architects for the whole project (Dreyfus) were Durkee Brown Viveiros & Werenfels.

Archived