IN PROGRESS: AS220 at the Dreyfuss

I didn't know they were already open. That's great. I was looking for a place downtown that was open on Sunday afternoon... Cuban was closed, so was the Tacqueria. We ended up at Trinity. Maybe this weekend I can try "Local 121".

And for anyone who cares, Josh Miller is the owner (Trinity, Hot Club), the restaurant is Local 121 (for locally grown food, and the 121 Washington St. address). The restaurant's interior design was done by Judd Brown Design in Pawtucket, and the architects for the whole project (Dreyfus) were Durkee Brown Viveiros & Werenfels.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It might be my new downtown place. It looks great, if you like dark wood old style elegance, and the bartender (Richard? I REALLY bad with names.) makes a great gimlet. I'll give the food a try in the near future.

Two thumbs up!

Not to be an a-- but, well ok I can't help it... click here (I like mine with vodka, easy on the Rose's)

I can't speak to the beer selection as I am currently in a cocktails phase. I know, I know, I'm a looser who doesn't know what's good in life or how to properly vet a bar but, I am what I am.

they have narragansett too...some other local new england stuff in keeping with their food theme.

I love that space, and I went downstairs with the manager who showed me the really nice function space they have. Perhaps for a future GC:Exchange meeting?

I checked it out, and I got the event manager's card. I imagine there would be some sort of payment required for the space, if only just to pay for a bartender. We can't pay for stuff now, but I'm certainly keeping it in mind for some special event or fundraiser.

Yes, I think it would be great for that. It's empty right now and rather echo-ie, but I'm sure they could set up a nice space down there. There's a bar off to the side which is not stocked yet.

They haven't decided if they are going to open it up on nights when their aren't events, like as a second bar.

alright, so i was there last night... on tap: beamish irish stout (nice, more flavorful alternative to guinness), trinity ipa, newport storm RI blueberry ale, sam adams boston lager, narragansett, and the 6th was a wheat beer, started with an L, but i couldn't make out the name of it, certainly nothing mainstream. hopefully they'll get narragansett's bock on tap. that would be sweet.

the burger i had was excellent. it was the first burger to be cooked to a true medium in a long time (ever since they started telling people not to eat meat anything less than medium). it was still pink on the inside! can't get much better than that. served on a palmieri's bun, which was excellent with a soft cheddar that was very good. the fries were also amazing, and tasted like they were just cut before they fried them. i think i found my new hangout.

i heard that the downstairs area might end up becoming like a cabaret with as220 doing the programming. i'm still hoping they'll entertain the idea of doing a rehearsal dinner there. :whistling:

alright, so i was there last night... on tap: beamish irish stout (nice, more flavorful alternative to guinness), trinity ipa, newport storm RI blueberry ale, sam adams boston lager, narragansett, and the 6th was a wheat beer, started with an L, but i couldn't make out the name of it, certainly nothing mainstream. hopefully they'll get narragansett's bock on tap. that would be sweet.

i'm not a huge fan of wheat beers because while alcohol dries me out, wheat beers, really dry me out. i'll try it though (always willing to try a new beer).

one comment i have on it is that they have 2 tap setups with the same beers, i heard for redundancy. it'd be nice if they changed the second one to include other beers. maybe keep a couple of the popular ones on both, but add a few more, like some other newport storm beers (the amber ale is a good one, and maybe a dedicated seasonal tap for newport storm), sam adams seasonal, or maybe even harpoon seasonal... and narragansett bock. :thumbsup:

one comment i have on it is that they have 2 tap setups with the same beers, i heard for redundancy. it'd be nice if they changed the second one to include other beers. maybe keep a couple of the popular ones on both, but add a few more, like some other newport storm beers (the amber ale is a good one, and maybe a dedicated seasonal tap for newport storm), sam adams seasonal, or maybe even harpoon seasonal... and narragansett bock. :thumbsup:

Archived