IN PROGRESS: AS220 at the Dreyfuss

alright, so i was there last night... on tap: beamish irish stout (nice, more flavorful alternative to guinness), trinity ipa, newport storm RI blueberry ale, sam adams boston lager, narragansett, and the 6th was a wheat beer, started with an L, but i couldn't make out the name of it, certainly nothing mainstream. hopefully they'll get narragansett's bock on tap. that would be sweet.

the burger i had was excellent.

the fries were also amazing, and tasted like they were just cut before they fried them.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, but instead of it being due to incompetence or red tape, it'll be their cool thing. Richard was saying he wasn't sure if they'd have a grand opening or if they'd just continue to get more and more up to speed and slide into being 'open.' I personally think they should go the 'we've never officially opened' route.

I was at Local 121 last night and was talking to the front of the house manager...he did say they would be opening for lunch starting in june and also said they were getting signage for both sides of the building.

Some people liked that idea, some did not. I think those that didnt like it felt that it would mess up that "there, but only if you know" factor.

I was at Local 121 last night and was talking to the front of the house manager...he did say they would be opening for lunch starting in june and also said they were getting signage for both sides of the building.

Some people liked that idea, some did not. I think those that didnt like it felt that it would mess up that "there, but only if you know" factor.

• 2 weeks later...

local 121 now has a sign (a quite nice one at that). i didn't have my camera, so i didn't get a pic, but it's a square sign with a white plate and the plate says "local 121" on it. below the plate it says "locally harvested food and drink".

they also have valet... a good sign for anyone wandering through that they are, in fact, open.

I saw this sign this afternoon when I was coming back into town and I peed my pants a little.

Every retailer in the city should be dragged down here by their hair to look at this sign.

AS220 has a giant banner on the Mathewson side where I think a print shop is going. That looks hot too.

Archived