PSU

pdxheel

I'm from Portland but currently live in North Carolina (the Triangle). While Portland is an amazing city I think it lacks one thing: top notch education. Portland would be well served by investing in its public schools and Portland State. Imagine the attractiveness of Portland from a business perspective if PSU was considered an elite research institution. Not only would businesses relocate to take advantage of the research oriented population, but entrepreneurship would thrive. The Triangle, despite the lack of a an attractive city excels from an business/innovation perspective because UNC-Chapel Hill, NC State and Duke are all located within 20 miles of each other. Just a thought...would love to see other opinions.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

True, Portland doesnt have a Havard, but come on... Its a very educated city.... like mentioned... Portland State University is a great school... OHSU.... Reed.... and Lewis and Clark... so there... :thumbsup:

The universities you mentioned are good (some very good), especially from an undergrad perspective (minus OHSU). However, all universities (OHSU is decent) lack solid graduate research programs that spawn economic development and entrepreneurship. My opinion only.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There was a series of letters in one of the weekly papers in Portland recently. The idea was an upper classman writing a letter to incoming freshman. The letters were pretty much about mocking the institution they were referring to. The PSU one cracked me up by calling PSU 'Oregon's only four year community college'.

Speaking of education, OHSU recently received a fed grant to start a meth lab.

There was a series of letters in one of the weekly papers in Portland recently. The idea was an upper classman writing a letter to incoming freshman. The letters were pretty much about mocking the institution they were referring to. The PSU one cracked me up by calling PSU 'Oregon's only four year community college'.

Speaking of education, OHSU recently received a fed grant to start a meth lab.

A meth lab? Seriously?

Archived