2008 Republican National Convention

Minneapolitan

I've said this before, I think Georgia and North Carolina have actually gotten less liberal over the last 10 years given that most of the transplants locating to our state are suburban-minded voters who support Republicans.

That holds a lot of truth. Many of the people I've met who relocated to NC from Massachusetts did so because they could afford to drive a new SUV and live in a subdivision. These folks, though they've come from one of the bluest states, are more concerned with gas prices than climate change, if you know what I mean.

I, on the other hand, moved to NC from Massachusetts and immediately registered as a democrat.

I heard something on NPR last weekend about the new republican "base" that's rapidly growing in new suburbs.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've said this before, I think Georgia and North Carolina have actually gotten less liberal over the last 10 years given that most of the transplants locating to our state are suburban-minded voters who support Republicans.

That's absolutely true in Florida too. We've really become not an urban state, but a suburban state.

• 9 months later...
Just remember, Republicans don't care about the poor people. With that said, New Orleans is out. Katrina is a distant memory to everyone outside the Gulf Coast already.

I can honestly seeing a southern city like Atlanta or especially Houston winning.

Archived