Scott and Keo

I saw this article on cnn.com and thought it was worth mentioning. I never thought of these towns as big tourist draws but there is a lot of new housing going up that way. I always thought if I worked in NLR or LR I would love to purchase one of those beautiful old plantation homes someday, you can get to NLR in less than 10 min from Scott. Morris Antiques is a great place to visit, they have everything from framed postcard replicas for $10 to 18th Century Victorian bedroom sets in the six figure range in a series of warehouses.

Scott and Keo

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw this article on cnn.com and thought it was worth mentioning. I never thought of these towns as big tourist draws but there is a lot of new housing going up that way. I always thought if I worked in NLR or LR I would love to purchase one of those beautiful old plantation homes someday, you can get to NLR in less than 10 min from Scott. Morris Antiques is a great place to visit, they have everything from framed postcard replicas for $10 to 18th Century Victorian bedroom sets in the six figure range in a series of warehouses.

Scott and Keo

Thanks for the article. Although most wouldn't think of it, those towns are appealing places to see what's just outside of Little Rock. It's sort of strange to drive for a few minutes and come to these quaint towns with cotton growing in the fields. It's like taking a trip to the Old South. It's fun to drive around and take in the country out there. For those that don't know, the original Cotham's restaurant is in Scott, as well as Toltec Mounds Archeological State Park, so there are things to do.

Here's a picture of Marlsgate Plantation, which is also in Scott. It's more impressive to see it in real life, so it's in the context of the landscape.

mgate1.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I probably should've titled the original thread "Scott, Keo, and England" since they're all kind of one community...

Per Ark Business:

England OilField Services Inc. said Thursday that it will build a manufacturing facility in England, creating 175 jobs with an average hourly wage of $18. The company makes oil and natural gas drilling equipment.

The 33,000-SF facility will be built on 10 acres in the England Industrial Park.

Any manufacturing jobs we can get right now are huge.

I probably should've titled the original thread "Scott, Keo, and England" since they're all kind of one community...

Per Ark Business:

England OilField Services Inc. said Thursday that it will build a manufacturing facility in England, creating 175 jobs with an average hourly wage of $18. The company makes oil and natural gas drilling equipment.

The 33,000-SF facility will be built on 10 acres in the England Industrial Park.

Any manufacturing jobs we can get right now are huge.

That's a good sign. Maybe this company will help attract more. In the local newspaper it said the chamber is tryin to find ways to bring in more residents and industries. I believe it's because the changes made by the city. England has a new mayor, Danny Maynard. To be honest, I believe Jimmy Wallace hurt the community pretty bad. Finally someone is in there that wants to see a change.

• 11 months later...

Some growth apparently is happening around England. I drove around town earlier this year, and there's a newer subdivision around town with several recently constructed homes I don't remember from my last visit a couple of years ago It did seem odd, though, that it wasn't in the direction of Little Rock.

Archived