Forum Meeting and Special Event

Cotuit

Forum Meeting  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Can you attend?

• Wouldn't miss it!
    • Tragically, no
    • You people are crazy, I don't want to meet any of you!
    • I'll try
  2. 2. Would you like a regularly scheduled monthly meeting?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

There's a lot going on in the city, and it's long past time for us to have another forum meeting. I'm working on securing a meeting space, but if that falls through, we'll need another, so please do some brainstorming.

Some topics for discussion:

• Formalizing the group into an official advocacy organization

• The Historic Tax Credit

• New projects, specifically Sierra Suites

• The new zoning ordinance

• and much more

I will be sending emails to some people, we may have some special guests, no promises, and as always, any special guests are invited as fellow concerned citizens. But everyone is free to pepper them with endless questions. :lol:

I recieved a question about UPs forum meetings, are they open to the public? The answer is yes of course. Since they are generally only posted here, generally only people who read the forum know about them. But anyone is free to invite anyone they please, and we've actually had people attend who don't actually post here. If you do invite anyone outside the forum, I would suggest to at least have them give a quick look at it before attending though.

There's also a poll question above about setting a set monthly time to meet.

Now for the special event:

post-52-1140131951_thumb.jpg

RISD and the Providence Preservation Society (PPS) are hosting an event at the RISD CIT to display the murals that were salvaged from 110 Westmintser. I've confirmed with PPS that I can invite everyone here to attend. The event is from 5pm to 7pm, the forum meeting will begin around 5:30-6:00pm, so people can check out the murals and head to the forum meeting. People are obviously free to attend one and not the other. If you would like to attend this event, please RSVP to the email address below.

FROM ABANDONED TO ESTEEMED

A behind-the-scenes look at the conservation of the Providence Bank Building Murals by a 2006 RISD Wintersession class.

RISD and PPS invite you to please join us for a reception

Thursday, March 2nd from 5-7 pm

at the CIT (169 Weybosset)

RSVP by Feb. 28th to the PPS via email to [email protected]

post-52-1140131951_thumb.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe we could be like the geeks and sweet talk as220, or just plan on eating lots of tacos?

Actually, AS220 was the location I was trying to book. They are busy and would be able to accomodate us, but it would take some suffling about (on our part, litterally moving from on spot to another halfway through the evening).

We are hosting a CNU 101 on March 2nd from 5:30 to 8:30pm. Anyone who wants to learn about NU should attend.

I stumbled across some information on this last night. What do people need to do if they want to attend? Perhaps, the forum meet should shift to another day...

As I said, my hopes of having the meeting at AS220 have fallen through due to scheduling conflicts. Do people still want to try to meet on the 2nd? If so, we need a location.

Alternately, I can aks AS220 to give me a date that will work for them, and schedule the meeting around the space's availability.

As I said, my hopes of having the meeting at AS220 have fallen through due to scheduling conflicts. Do people still want to try to meet on the 2nd? If so, we need a location.

Alternately, I can aks AS220 to give me a date that will work for them, and schedule the meeting around the space's availability.

I would vote for a rescheduling. :good:

We typically do our neighborhood association meetings at Rochamebeau Library. They've got several large rooms and WiFi. Might be worth checking in with them.

We typically do our neighborhood association meetings at Rochamebeau Library. They've got several large rooms and WiFi. Might be worth checking in with them.

I'm on foot, Rochamebeau is a bit out of the way for me.

Archived