Charleighboro?

cityboi

What really needs to be examined is a divided highway from Fayetteville to Charlotte. My parents recently went to the Panters game against ATL and agonized over the route to take. 95 to 40 to 85 or 24 to 74. They chose the southern route and wasnt very happy driving back to Fayetteville on those dark lonely 2 lane roads. Cant say I dont blame them I'm kinda spoiled after living in Vegas for 5 years. I had to get used to driving 2 lane highways again. Not only will this open up commerce possibilities but also Charlotte might gain more weekend tourism money with a more accessible route coming from the east. I know this blows peoples mind but there folks in the east that have disposible income that dont want to fly and want to stay close to home. Besides its time to exploit what NC has in the city of Charlotte.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^There is a long-term plan to four lane the NC 24/27 corridor from Fayetteville to Albemarle with bypasses in Troy, Carthage and Cameron. I do not think they will bypass Biscoe at US 220A though. I do believe NC 24 needs to be widen first from Fayetteville to I-40 so there is a four lane highway connection to the Crystal Coast. The North Carolina Strategic Highway Corridor's website has more information on this.

^There is a long-term plan to four lane the NC 24/27 corridor from Fayetteville to Albemarle with bypasses in Troy, Carthage and Cameron. I do not think they will bypass Biscoe at US 220A though. I do believe NC 24 needs to be widen first from Fayetteville to I-40 so there is a four lane highway connection to the Crystal Coast. The North Carolina Strategic Highway Corridor's website has more information on this.

What really needs to be examined is a divided highway from Fayetteville to Charlotte. My parents recently went to the Panters game against ATL and agonized over the route to take. 95 to 40 to 85 or 24 to 74. They chose the southern route and wasnt very happy driving back to Fayetteville on those dark lonely 2 lane roads. Cant say I dont blame them I'm kinda spoiled after living in Vegas for 5 years. I had to get used to driving 2 lane highways again. Not only will this open up commerce possibilities but also Charlotte might gain more weekend tourism money with a more accessible route coming from the east. I know this blows peoples mind but there folks in the east that have disposible income that dont want to fly and want to stay close to home. Besides its time to exploit what NC has in the city of Charlotte.

Archived