Ruth's Chris Breaking News

gvlnative

Hi guys-

I've been checking out UP for a long time and feel like I know all of you but this is the first post. I heard from a very reliable source tonight that a Ruth's Chris rep. was meeting with an upstate contractor today regarding possible locations. From what I have heard, Riverplace appears to be out because of parking concerns and the fact that they generate a lot of trash that would be a concern to Riverplace residents due to odors, etc. However, a site on Woodruff Rd. is under discussion. More details to come.........

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi gvlnative! Thanks for joining the fray! We hope to hear much more from you in the weeks, months, and years to come!

Although it's a bummer that they would totally rule RiverPlace out, what you've disclosed about Ruths Chris makes perfect sense to me, knowing what I do of them. I suspect they're very interested in 1) The Point, 2) Greenridge, and 3) whatever becomes of the Greenville Mall, and in that order.

Welcome to UrbanPlanet, gvlnative! Hopefully you will become a regular like many of us have.

That is very interesting news about Ruth's Chris. We had heard that Ruth's Chris was interested in Greenville, and that they had originally looked at RiverPlace but cooled on the idea. Your explanation about parking and garbage at RiverPlace seems to make sense.

It seems that The Point would indeed be a good location for Ruth's Chris. It makes sense that they are interested in Greenville, especially since they are also planning locations in Columbia and Charleston.

We look forward to hearing more from you, on this story as well as others.

City leaders need to jump on this and get Ruth's Chris downtown. It would be a major draw for more high-end diners (who are probably more likely than low-end ones to spend additional money downtown) and would help make downtown even more of a destination. Trash, etc. can be worked out; there is a Capital Grille and a Morton's in downtown/uptown Charlotte, right next to residential buildings, and I haven't seen that the restaurants cause any problems.

City leaders need to jump on this and get Ruth's Chris downtown. It would be a major draw for more high-end diners (who are probably more likely than low-end ones to spend additional money downtown) and would help make downtown even more of a destination. Trash, etc. can be worked out; there is a Capital Grille and a Morton's in downtown/uptown Charlotte, right next to residential buildings, and I haven't seen that the restaurants cause any problems.

Well said mallguy. If it goes to Woodruff Rd I will probably never go there. I have yet to set foot at Greenridge or The Point. Too far and too much traffic.

Put it in the ground floor of a new office building like the third phase building of Riverplace. It only has offices, no residences. Or the Main and McBee location would work. Or Woolworth's. In 20 years everything will leave Woodruff Road for a road farther out. DT will still be strong by then.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys-

I've been checking out UP for a long time and feel like I know all of you but this is the first post. I heard from a very reliable source tonight that a Ruth's Chris rep. was meeting with an upstate contractor today regarding possible locations. From what I have heard, Riverplace appears to be out because of parking concerns and the fact that they generate a lot of trash that would be a concern to Riverplace residents due to odors, etc. However, a site on Woodruff Rd. is under discussion. More details to come.........

Your source was VERY reliable gvlnative! :thumbsup: THANK YOU! Great to see it on the Ruth's Chris web page! :thumbsup: Does your source have a definate lock on the location?

Well said mallguy. If it goes to Woodruff Rd I will probably never go there. I have yet to set foot at Greenridge or The Point. Too far and too much traffic.

Put it in the ground floor of a new office building like the third phase building of Riverplace. It only has offices, no residences. Or the Main and McBee location would work. Or Woolworth's. In 20 years everything will leave Woodruff Road for a road farther out. DT will still be strong by then.

I would be a bit bummed out if it went to Woodruff Road as well. Leave that for the chain and fast-food restaurants and put the good stuff in the CBD.

I would love to see it a Riverplace. If there would be an exception to not locating in a Hampton Inn, I would think this is it.

I have heard that before. I forget the details, and I might have posted it before even, but I think they might have had an option for an Outparcel at the HomeGold site and let it expire. I know that is the case with Costco and Greer State Bank at that development. But then, I might have just heard they were looking over there.

I have heard that before. I forget the details, and I might have posted it before even, but I think they might have had an option for an Outparcel at the HomeGold site and let it expire. I know that is the case with Costco and Greer State Bank at that development. But then, I might have just heard they were looking over there.

Thanks for the info btoy! Per my sources, Eastside is definitely being given a close look. It does have the demographics to support any upscale restaurant group.

Archived