question for you michiganders?

Lawrence

hello all, i have a question, i'm a criminal justice student and i'm doing a report on the serial killer "John Norman Collins" (i'm quite sure you guys heard of him) for my class, but the problem is that there isn't too much information on him and i was wondering if any of you all know how i might get my ham\nds on a copy of the book "The Michigan Murders". it's out of print where i live, i've even tried the used book stores and they don't carry it. any info you guys could give me would be most appreciated. once again thanks for your super bowl hospitality. Lawrence

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never even heard of him.

But you can always try Amazon.com.

Here is the page for the actual book.

thanks hudkina. he was a college student at eastern michigan university in the late 60's. he was accused of 7 murders, some eastern michigan and university of michigan student. one was a 13 year old junior high student.

This is something I know a ton about. I have a fascination with serial killers and know a lot about John Norman Collins. The library in Canton has The Michigan Murders. I also know of places in the Ann Arbor area you can go related to Collins (house he lived, house his uncle lived, where bodies where found, where a victim lived). I also know his address in prison in Marquette. If you would like me to show you these places then let me know. I have some other books that have some info on John.

One more thing, where are you studying criminal justice at? I'm a senior in high school right now and I plan on getting a degree in criminal justice at Schoolcraft Community College in Livonia.

I didn't know who this guy was until you started mentioning the university. I didn't grow up around here, so I didn't know about him until recently.

Zach, maybe you can get Lawrence some photographs of the locations you mentioned, if you have any. That might add a lot to the report!

this is a interesting topic. i too am a crime buff and i'm also looking for more info on John Norman Collins and the Michigan Murders. my mother went to college with him, but she only knows so much. i've tried looking on the internet but i can't find any pictures of the crime scenes or anything, i did see a picture of him on the department of corrections website though. Zachariah if you could help me also i would be most grateful. Marcel. p.s. did you know that they solved one of the murders, a guy was arrested last year and sentenced to life in prison for it.

this is a interesting topic. i too am a crime buff and i'm also looking for more info on John Norman Collins and the Michigan Murders. my mother went to college with him, but she only knows so much. i've tried looking on the internet but i can't find any pictures of the crime scenes or anything, i did see a picture of him on the department of corrections website though. Zachariah if you could help me also i would be most grateful. Marcel. p.s. did you know that they solved one of the murders, a guy was arrested last year and sentenced to life in prison for it.

I remember that, the killer was Gary Leiterman from Gobles. He put the body of the girl he killed in a cemetery in Canton, I've been to the cemetery before, it's only a couple miles south of me.

I remember that, the killer was Gary Leiterman from Gobles. He put the body of the girl he killed in a cemetery in Canton, I've been to the cemetery before, it's only a couple miles south of me.

i've always wondered where that cemetery was. i live in ypsi right by the washtenaw/wayne county border. i was told that it was in belleville.

thanks you guys for the info. zacahriah, i would love for you to share all the info that you can provide with me about it. i never knew there was a movie made on the killings. thanks for that tid bit marcel. do you know who made the film and if it's still available.

Is there anything particular you would like to know? I think it would look cool in your report to have a letter that he sent to you, I can hook you up with his adderss if you want it. But I don't know how likely it would be for him to write back, I haven't wrote to him yet.

Out of curiosity, what exactly do you have to do for your report?

Archived