Nordstrom To Enter the Boston Area

UrbanLifter

Nordstrom will enter the Boston Retail Market with 4 locations all at Simon Malls. The retailer has long sought to enter the Boston Market. With the Federated/May Merger, Nordstrom has acquired the right to three Filene's locations at the Burlington Mall, NorthShore Mall and SouthShore Plaza. Nordstrom is also building a store at Natick Mall. All Mall properties are Simon owned or managed properties.

For the full storey, see the following link: Nordstrom Makes It Official

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know when Nordstroms opened its first store in Connecticut at Westfarms Mall in West Hartford/Farmington the store was a success and since then has been renovated, been a key component in the malls expansion and is still the pride and joy of one of the areas premier shopping destinations and im sure the same will happen at these four Boston locations

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The reason it took so long was a lack of available locations in malls to build new anchors. The renovation/expansion of the Natick Mall provided the first opportunity to land a key spot to build. It was a natural for Nordstrom to quickly acquire prime Federated spots (NorthShore, SouthShore and Burlington Malls) when they became available.

• 4 weeks later...

The reason it took so long was a lack of available locations in malls to build new anchors. The renovation/expansion of the Natick Mall provided the first opportunity to land a key spot to build. It was a natural for Nordstrom to quickly acquire prime Federated spots (NorthShore, SouthShore and Burlington Malls) when they became available.

yeah that makes sense. Well I guess a positive of the May-Federated merger is the chance for Nordstrom to move in.

• 4 weeks later...

There isn't a Nordstrom in Boston? I am so used to Nordstrom...they are all over the place in the NW...that I am always surprised there are places that don't have them.

That sucks about Filenes, though. I knew some people who really loved that store.

There isn't a Nordstrom in Boston? I am so used to Nordstrom...they are all over the place in the NW...that I am always surprised there are places that don't have them.

The closest is in the Providence Place mall. With Filene's disappearing, there will be a hole to fill in the market that Nordstoms should move into quite nicely.

Archived