Winter Storm Watch

bigboyz05

As many of you may already know, much of the state of Arkansas is under a Winter Storm Watch. Down here in Texarkana we're forecast to receive about 1/2 inch of ice. That may not sound like much but, it's enough to cause major problems. What are conditions forecast to be like in other parts of the state? Also, have you made preparations for this storm? Down here we've certainly learned our lesson about ignoring mother nature. In 2000 we were hit by the worst winter storm in Texarkana's history. It knocked out power to some people for over a month and caused damage to many homes when tree limbs and in some cases trees fell on homes. At least one person was killed. I went out today and got candles, batteries, extra blankets and ready to eat food items.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They showed a picture of NWA on the news with all the snow on the ground. It just rained down here but, the temp is dropping and we're supposed to get some wintry weather tomorrow.

That stinks man, it's currently sleeting pretty hard right now, not a good time to be driving out here.

From what I was hearing is that much of NWA got around 4-5" from the first wave. Then there was another wave that came trough on sunday. I think we only ended up with another quarter to half an inch here in Fayetteville but I heard other places like Benton County got another inch. Looks like areas around Harrison also got some on sunday.

Things got real bad in Shreveport as well. A fine misting of ice fell and covered area roads so well that it wasn't even noticeable and resulted in many of their roads being closed including I-20 and the 220 loop. Traffic was stalled in place since 10 p.m. last night and didn't start moving again until around 10:30 or 11 this morning. Here in T-town things were a little slippery but, all in all it wasn't bad at all and that was mainly because most of the precipitation either passed north or south of us.

Archived