The art museum is making way for a new tower!

krazeeboi

Where should the new museum of art be relocated?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. It should go:

• Somewhere else on Main
    • The Vista
    • Olympia
    • Other (explain)

Here's the scenario: The Columbia Museum of Art will be relocating to a brand new, ultra-modern, state of the art facility to make room for a new tallest downtown (something really modern, yet classic) with some kickin' street level retail on that site. So where should the new museum go? Cast your vote!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I'm stubborn, but I voted "other". The current art museum is awesome. If a new tower had to be built at that location, maybe it could be built over the current mueum and courtyard, wouldn't that be spectacular? My personal choice for a new tower, however, would be the site of the current Governor's (eyesore) House Hotel. Trust me, it's a hotel in name only!

• 4 weeks later...

I would say if it were going to move anywhere, it should be Olympia; I think that would really jumpstart things in that part of town.

But if the art museum were going to move in another building, something ultra-modern, do you think Columbia could handle something like this:

akron7.jpg

akron0.jpg

akron6.jpg

This is Akron, OH's new art museum, which won the 2005 American architecture award.

I would say if it were going to move anywhere, it should be Olympia; I think that would really jumpstart things in that part of town.

But if the art museum were going to move in another building, something ultra-modern, do you think Columbia could handle something like this:

akron7.jpg

akron0.jpg

akron6.jpg

This is Akron, OH's new art museum, which won the 2005 American architecture award.

I love the building; an art museum's building should be as pleasing to the eye as its contents. Speaking of which, I need to renew my museum membership.

Archived