Publicity for UrbanPlanet.org

goodbye

RT, judging by the first reply in the Greenville forum, you hit the nail on the head. <_<

That was my fear; however, if it brings just one more person in, then it was worth the time it took to post. :lol:

Maybe some posters in windows in these places, too, such as you'd see promoting plays/concerts/events/etc. ?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually I get the sense that there are quite a few college students in the South Carolina forums. Probably the same for other areas, too, but I don't have facts to back this up. I know Columbia has more, simply because of a university being located there and a few, if not many, of our members attended or are attending it.

Ok, at the moment I don't have the time to go into a lot of detail about future plans for individual cities and what UP will support/not support in terms of community involvement, etc. UP is growing and as a company it is becoming more and more stable, financially and otherwise. I have a few thoughts and you can throw ideas my way in regards to them.

We will not be doing any MySpace.com groups or otherwise. We currently provide a Flickr group but at this time that is as far as I want to go in a third party. It's hard enough providing growth and manageability for what we have created here.

UrbanPlanet.org does have tri-fold brochures in public testing in private markets. Our first test was in the VA/Washington DC area. Only ~250 have been printed thus far but I am looking into mass production of the brochures to send nationwide.

We don't make any money on our merchandise from CafePress.com. Anything you buy from there is the lowest possible price that we can provide. I do this because I would rather get the name out there than making anything from it. Leave that up to the advertisers and other methods of financing.

Want help fund things like brochure campaigns? Sign up for a Plus or Premium Membership. We offer this site for free to everyone but the more financing we can pull in the more we can provide. I would love to contibute to communities and sponsor events in the future. I have a lot of ideas in my head, many of which I can't provide details with, but there is a very exciting future ahead in terms of what is capable, but it all requires funding unfortunately.

Keep in mind that logos for each city may not be possible immediately as we do have many cities that we have a presence in. What we do for Greenville we would also like to do for Grand Rapids, Charlotte, Little Rock, etc.

Many things that this site has produced and will produce come from the fruits of your ideas and through contributions by our members, financial and otherwise. You don't have to provide financing to UrbanPlanet.org in order to make a difference. Simply purchase a t-shirt from our store and help out in your community in cleaning up, etc.

I'm sure I'll have more to add when I have a bit more time, but this will give you a direction to go in with this. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me and I will be glad to offer any assistance that I can.

Thank you, Neo. That helps direct us in our marketing efforts. If I understand you correctly, we can use the simple word-of-mouth method and purchase shirts and such to get the name out there. Would it be okay to create simple posters with, or without the logo? The ones used in Tallahassee were plain and did not include the logo, but obviously became effective nonetheless. I feel totally positive we could create an even better one (without the logo) for the Greenville market, if you say it is alright. Also, how soon might we see hats begin to be offered again? :)

Thank you, Neo. That helps direct us in our marketing efforts. If I understand you correctly, we can use the simple word-of-mouth method and purchase shirts and such to get the name out there. Would it be okay to create simple posters with, or without the logo? The ones used in Tallahassee were plain and did not include the logo, but obviously became effective nonetheless. I feel totally positive we could create an even better one (without the logo) for the Greenville market, if you say it is alright. Also, how soon might we see hats begin to be offered again? :)

Hats have been available for quite a while now:

http://www.cafepress.com/urbanplanet.46150972

Also, you're free to use the logo as long as the product you indent to use it with (flyer, brochure, etc.) is approved. Just PM/e-mail me before you use it. Also, I like the ads you did for Greenville above.

Thanks, Neo! It had been awhile since I had seen the caps for sale on the site.

I appreciate all the comments on the poster concept. I'll work more on it and try to get a final draft finished sometime this week, if possible. Any other ideas you guys have would be great to hear as well. We want to professionally present UrbanPlanet.org to a mature and creative audience. :thumbsup:

Archived