Publicity for UrbanPlanet.org

goodbye

This is only an idea, but I like the bold statement and clever use of "UP." This would get the attention of a creative class target, IMO. :shades:

UrbanPeople_02b.jpg

OR

UrbanPeople_02c.jpg

Excellent Skyliner! Good urban vibe....slick. :thumbsup: Love it! I vote for the 2nd one.

I know this idea wouldn't fit with the above, but how could we tie Urban Planet for Greenville to the "G" river green/purple logo? Does the city have this trademarked? While walking down Main this morning, I noticed the city has installed new green/purple signs for the Liberty Bridge. The city uses these colors and this logo so consistently on EVERYTHING.....would be nice to tie in with this brand image.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I'll post this here as a test market. I have found a company that will print the brochures for us but before I get 5,000 of these things I want to let you guys see them. I would be sending these out in lots, such as 250+ to a designated invididual in a city where you would come and get the brochures yourself to hand out. Shipping costs are too much for us to handle at the moment for shipping just a few brochures to a lot of members in various cities. Now for the brochure:

post-1-1140455922_thumb.jpg post-1-1140455931_thumb.jpg

post-1-1140455922_thumb.jpg

post-1-1140455931_thumb.jpg

^ This is great! Could we customize the UP logo with Greenville (or each city) added?

Unless you want to foot the bill for doing so. :P

It is extremely costly to do this for each city. At some point this may be possible but at the moment it is simply not feasable for doing so. All brochures will be generic to all cities.

As expected, the folks on the Greenville, G-Vegas, and Upstate SC groups in MySpace were less than receptive. It's funny. It seems many of them have opinions; however, they pass up the perfect forum on which to express those opinions. :whistling:

I suppose it's true: Great minds discuss ideas. Small minds discuss people. MySpace primarily appears to be about discussing people; however, there are some notable exceptions, fortunately. :thumbsup:

I am not surprised (but I am disappointed) that people on MySpace were less than enthusiastic about discussing urban development. Many people on MySpace seem more interested in working on their page's background design or changing their profile song than constructively discussing things about their citiy of residence. Oh well, it takes all kinds I guess.

I am still convinced that there are plenty in the area who would love to participate in urban development discussions, if they only knew about UP. I had never heard of it until I discovered it last summer while searching for Greenville information. I was so excited to find that there were other people who loved Greenville and wanted to talk about what was going on as much as I did.

We probably should have mentioned that we don't want to be associated with MySpace. There is too much negative baggage that comes with MySpace and we don't want to be burdened down with it. Generally alliances with other websites have never worked so any plans to promote the site should avoid this situation.

I'm sure a lot of you have seen those "Single? SCSingles.org" signs all around town. Wouldn't it be great if we quietly replaced them all with signs that say, "Urban? UrbanPlanet.org" instead? :rofl:

You can't do that because one it's illegal to put up signs on public property due to the sign ordinance Greenville County enforces and two you would get fine a ton of money unless you got special permission from the county somehow. Our county looks so much better now since they have put stricter regulations on the sign ordinance.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I have received the brochures back from the printers. I currently have ~4000 left (1000 were spoken for already) so if you would like 100 or more of the brochures, please PM me and I will ship them to you via UPS ground. Please give the address you would like them shipped to when you PM me. I will reply with a tracking number when they have been shipped.

Ok, I have received the brochures back from the printers. I currently have ~4000 left (1000 were spoken for already) so if you would like 100 or more of the brochures, please PM me and I will ship them to you via UPS ground. Please give the address you would like them shipped to when you PM me. I will reply with a tracking number when they have been shipped.

Are we as the Greenville forum group planning any organized distribution of some of these brochures?

Does the Greenville Visitor's Center have a section for area brochures? I know that our target market is mostly people who already live here and want to get involved, but I also think it is a great resource for those who want to learn more about Greenville or are considering relocating to the area.

Archived