Adventures with Elevation Snow

monsoon

I REALLY need to make a trip back to western NC soooooooon! Its been about 5 years since ive been to Boone, Sugar, Beech, Hawksnest and all around that area! Basically its been 5 years since i went skiing!

Interesting to see gas prices like they were a few years ago. I myself was complaining about gas prices then too!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow - loving the mountain pics. NC 194 is a rough drive even in good weather, switchbacks all through Watauga Co - in all the years I lived there, I never dared during snow. There's a plan to eventually upgrade that road and straighten it out, though no timetable on that. Given the excellent parallel NC 105, and the gorgeousness of 194, I don't know how I feel about it, though I have a friend whose family lives off 194, and everyone up there really wants that road improved...

Either way, thanks for posting all of these.

Archived